Chapter 7

Klaus ran around the house, searching for his adopted sister. He dashed into one of the three bedrooms in Nero's small house, he looked under the bed and in the draws. There was nothing. Klaus looked around the room, the bed had a crimson red cover, the pillows were fluffy and white. The bedroom carpet was grey, and there were food crumbs all over it. A lonely bookshelf was laying against the wall, three small books were sitting in the highest shelf. Klaus walked over to the books. The pink book had a printed in colour picture of Carmelita, it was titled, 'Carmelita is Beautiful' by 'Vice Principal Nero & Carmelita Spats' Klaus shook his head. The blue book was titled 'The Art of Treating Children' by 'Unknown'  and the last one was broken down and old, Klaus couldn't tell the colour or name, he picked it up. It was cold and immediately put dust on his fingers. Obviously it hadn't been touched for years. Klaus tucked it under his arm, getting more dust in his ripped (was) white sweater, although it was wet and covered in dust and sand. Klaus turned around and saw a squirming lump under the red covers of Nero's bed.

"Beatrice?" Klaus asked. The lump stopped moving, Klaus ripped off the covers. Beatrice was laying there. Terrible hiding spot, Klaus thought, keeping her under the covers is dangerous, it blocks off their breathing and they could die, I read that in a book about the breathing. He picked her up and cradled her in his arms, she was awake and her little eyes gazed up at him. "Violet! I found her!" Klaus shouted. He ran out of the bedroom whilst carrying Beatrice.

"Okay, let's leave before Nero wakes up," Violet said. She was holding Sunny, who had still not regained consciousness. 

"Agreed," Klaus ran over to the door, the key was in the keyhole, Violet twisted it and the door opened.

"Nero is even dumber than I thought!" Violet giggled. She stepped outside, Klaus on her heels. The world outside was dark and stormy, it was pouring. The clouds were heavy and wet. Violet and Klaus' mouths dropped.

"Oh..."