A Useful Tool

(The start of this chapter is based off "A Childhood Lesson" from YouTube by YandereDev")

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was early in the morning. I had gotten up again to get a glass of water, while I walked down stairs she was still there. Cleaning up what had happened the following night. She filled the bucket with water and placed it next to the puddle of blood which remained on the floor before grabbing the mop, a smile still on her face all the way through. Everything else seemed to be gone compared to what was left a few hours ago. I stared for a few seconds before she said my name. "Sweetie, you're up early."

My gaze shifted over to her as I held onto the stair railing. "Sorry for the mess, I haven't had time to clean everything up yet. I hope you were able to go back to sleep after last night. I didn't mean to wake you up." She looked back at the mop and bucket, then paused for a moment. Thinking. "...Sweetheart. Would you mind coming here for a second?" I didn't exactly have much of a choice. Stepping down the remaining stairs, I walked over to where my mother stood. "Watch me for a second... Alright?" As instructed I watched her mop up the blood which was on the floor, in a matter of minutes all of it was gone and mopped up. "Now, sweetie. Do you see any blood?"

...

I shook my head after taking a long look. "Well, this might surprise you... Even after mopping it up the blood is actually still there on the floor." I glanced at the floor again, taking another look at the area which was once covered in blood. But I didn't see any red markings what so ever, so I looked back at her as she smiled down at me. "You don't understand, hm? Well. I'll show you..." She left the room, taking the mop with her. Then after  few minutes she returned  holding a wooden box; kneeling down beside me and placing the box in front of me. She opened it up revealing what appeared to be a black rectangle, a bottle and a spray. She picked up the spray first and showed me the label. "See this? This is called Luminol Spray... People use this to detect things like blood where a crime scene was believed to have taken place. Let me show you..."  She squirted a part of the area where the blood was then placed the spray back in the box before picking up the black rectangle. It appeared to have a switch on it. "This is a black light. This is what the people use to reveal where the blood was after someone cleaned up a crime scene after using the spray..." She stood up and turned off the lights in the room before walking over and turning on the light over where she sprayed.

...it glowed blue.

"See sweetheart? Blood and Luminol combined together will glow under a black light. Who would have thought?" She flipped the lights back on before placing the light next to me then taking out the bottle and showing me the label. "Now, this is hydrogen peroxide. Let me show you what it can do..." Gently taking off the lid, she tipped the liquid into the bucket before putting the lid back on  and placing it back in the box. She then grabbed the mop and dipped it in the water before mopping the floor again then putting it back. Afterwards she picked up the light again, turned it on and turned off the lights in the room before shining it over the sprayed spot again.

...nothing was there anymore...

"See that? The blood is all gone now. Not even the black light will show it. Isn't that fascinating? Who would have guessed?" I just stared at the spot, my eyes not shifting away. "Do you understand why I showed you this, Anemone?" I looked at her again after a moment, she sat next to me. Placing a hand on my head and rubbed it softly as she looked into my eyes; smiling. "Now you know the proper way to clean up blood... I this becomes useful to you someday..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

My eyes opened up slowly to the sound of my alarm clock. Sitting up, I tapped the button on top before letting out a small yawn then getting up out of bed to do my normal routine. Wrapped up in a towel, I stepped out of my bedroom and towards my kitchen before opening the fridge. On the top shelf sat two boxes. "I hope he likes it..." I took them out, placing them on the counter top before placing one on top of the other then wrapping them up in a red and white patten cloth. It has to be absolutely perfect...

I had it all planned out in my head. Once lunch time came around I'd go find him then ask if he would like to spend lunch with me. Then we'd be alone together and I'd ask if we could do it again then it progresses from there... And before you know it we'll...

hehe.

After getting dressed and packing my school bag; including the boxes I left the apartment. On the way out though, I paused. Looking over at a shelf, the bottle of hydrogen peroxide sat there. The one I used from yesterday. It gave off a strange feeling which I couldn't shake off. It was... dark but yet slightly warm. It wasn't regret from what happened yesterday, I know that. It was something different. It was from her. That memory.

...I guess I was grateful she taught me that after all...