One By One

Art By Eisjon

It kept going. It kept going. It kept going.

No matter where I went I could still hear it as it echoed in my head. again and again.

I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to be near it. I hated it.

The banging came from that room. Banging, Striking, Crying, Moaning... god knows what else.

I hate her. I hate her. I hate her.

It lasted for so long. Days? Weeks? It's what it felt like as the sounds continued to circle around and around in my head.

"̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶,̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶u̶t̶ y̶o̶u̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶?̶!̶"̶

"̶y̶e̶s̶.̶.̶.̶I̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶.̶.̶.̶"̶

T̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶.̶.̶.̶̶̶

Even when I cover my ears I can still hear it. She was disgusting. She was horrible. Why hasn't she killed herself already?!

-----

...it eventually stopped.

My head turned towards the door; where the sounds came from. It was open and a light was inside. Did I dare to go and see what was in there. The sound had stopped. But she hasn't come out yet.

I managed to stand up before slowly making my way over to the door. The closer I approached the door grew I size and it's presence got darker. I could hear breathing...

Long breaths in and out. They sounded despite but yet pleasured. Happy but sad. I managed to peek around the gap.

Then I froze.

There she sat. Her nightie on the floor tossed away. A hand on her cheek while the other was placed in between her legs as she sat and stared at me. Grinning.

"I was wondering when you were going to turn up~..."

Even if I wanted to run I couldn't. Her gaze had locked me in place. Weather it be with "fear" or some other reason I didn't know. She sat on a mattress which looked rather damaged and full of stains. Around the edges of the room were bottles, towels, tissues and other different objects. Stains were all across the floor to. Blood, Sweat and other stains. Her neck had been bruised more and a cut had been created on her upper right arm and her upper left leg. Though despite her injuries she continued to smile the way she did. While her eyes still held that dead empty stare.

"They all come here..."

"Every single one of them..."

"They all come to be covered with my love... while they filled me up with theirs..."

She giggled.

"They always leave satisfied... While I'm left the same..."

She looked at me more. Her body fully turned.

"Do you know what that feels like... anemone..."

"It feels like you're always being teased..."

"Like a mouse trying to get food from a trap... Or a cancer patient who gets told that they have a high chance of pulling through..."

She moved closer.