Dear Auntie

Art By Koki-arts

Saturday evening came. Today I was busy gathering everything else I needed for tonight, but there was one thing left. I hated the thought of going to see her, but it was the only option I had at the moment. She knew I hated her, but yet she acted around me the way she did. She was a broken lady.

Standing in front of the door, I stared at the doorbell. Just the door itself gave off that feeling which I experienced many years back. I hated it. I hated it. I hated it. But as stated... I didn't have an option at this point. So without thinking twice, I reached for the doorbell; but the door opened.

...

Through the door opening a red eye shone through; the same eye that I have always been exposed to. "Hm? What's this..."

"...Auntie. I need to talk with you."

"With me? Oh my my isn't this an unexpected event... I thought once you were gone you'd never come see me again. Yet here you are~"

My hands formed fists, but I kept calm. "Could I come inside. I don't want to talk out here."

"Hm... Has someone found their long lost love and needs their dear Auntie to help fix it...?"

She wasn't that much older then me, 14-15 years perhaps. "No. It's not to do with that." I could see her smile growing larger soon forming a grin. "It wouldn't be right to lie to me you know..."

...

I shook my head. "It has nothing to do with that topic. I'm only wanting to request something from you." She was quiet for a moment, then a giggle came from behind the door and the sound of a latch being unlocked as the door opened. She stood there. Still with a smile on her face. "Alrighty sweetheart, come on in." I could already smell the fowl stench that loomed in her apartment. Though she was a couple of floors below me; even from there I can still smell it. But I stepped inside as she walked down the hallway and into a room. "Sweetie, you remember what to do with the door don't you?~"

I didn't reply. I only closed the door and put the chain latch back on before following the direction she went. It was her living room with the kitchen attached, it was surprisingly clean. She pointed at the table while staring at me. As if expecting me to reject her command but I did sit down. I couldn't tell if she was surprised by my action but she simply stared for a couple of seconds before continuing to the kitchen area. Still smiling. "Want something to drink? Coffee? Tea?" I scowled at her. "I know what you put in those..." She chuckled. "Ah... Yes... Only to those who I want to fill with my love..." She started making herself a cup of tea; her movements were rather graceful and soft. As if her movements weren't done correctly she'd either be punished or die. It was the same with her smile. She was sickening. But a different sickening to Joshua.

She must have seen me staring at her. Because the kettle was switched on after I finished my thought. "You done?" I looked away, glaring. Which only made her chuckle as she placd her tea bag in the mug and moved gracefully around the counter and sat in the chair at the opposite end. "So. What is it that you're wanting from me?~"

I was still hesitant in asking her for this favour; but then again she had done quite a lot of things as well. So it wasn't like I didn't have any kind of threat for her. "I need a poison." I bluntly spoke which lead to her tilting her head. "A poison? What type?"

"Lethal. I would have gotten it from the schools chemistry lab but it's the weekend. I can't sneak in either." She continued to stare, placing her index finger on her chin. "And what would this be for?"

...

"I have someone coming around tomorrow who I need to get rid of."

"Why?"