Stupid

I could hear the movement in the kitchen, pots or pans. Stirring of something and from what sounded like eggs cracking. Was she really making me something proper... I expected some sort of mush to be fed to me...

But when the door opened fully again, she walked in holding a plate. It looked like an omelette. And as much as I hated to admit it, it smelt good. "I went shopping before you woke up... so... I hope this is alright..." She muttered, pulling up a chair across from me with the plate on her lap with a fork. As much as my mouth did water for it, I wasn't going to just open wide and let her feed me like a baby. I still had so many questions... Why wasn't I dead yet was the biggest. "I'm not eating that, that easily..." She looked at me, panicked. But then she realised the way I worded it.

"...what will... then..."

"I'll take a bite when you answer a question for me. How about that." She didn't reply. "If you won't I'm not eating it and I'll starve to death..." I didn't tell her about William, if anything I wanted to get her to confess so I could tell everything to them when they arrived. Since for whatever reason she was keeping me alive...

"...alright..."

I didn't hesitate in asking the first question. "Why haven't you killed me like the rest of them. What makes me different. You seemed to happily bash my head in before but now you're trying to heal it. Why." She remained silent. I don't know if it was because she was thinking of her answer carefully or if she didn't want to spit it out in the first place. "I'm waiting..." She looked away, her eyes still a gradient of red with no life showing what so ever. Just emptiness. "I didn't want to kill you... what happened before was... a panic..."

"A panic. Really."

"Yes, I swear I didn't want to hurt you..."

"The wound on my head says otherwise..." I commented rather heartlessly. I didn't think she could drain anymore then she already was but I was proven wrong. Even tears started to swell up in her eyes but I had no reason to care. "Answer the other parts." She wiped her eyes with her free hand. "...It's... a long explanation..."

"I think based on the situation I have time for it." My stomach grumbled. "Ugh, whatever... Feed it to me already..." Hesitantly, she cut off a piece with the fork and gave it to me. I chewed, trying to find out if she put anything in it. But it tasted as good as it smelled. I guess she noticed I was actually enjoying it because she smiled to herself a little with the tears still there. "it has bacon and spinach..." she muttered as I continued to chew. Once again I looked away from her, causing the smile to disappear and her head to drop. "Following up question then... What makes me different. Why did you kill all of them and not me, assuming you are the one behind what happened to everyone last term... And EXPLAIN." She nodded. I got somewhat of a confession at least... But I still wondered what made me so special... If I should even call myself that considering the situation I was in.

She didn't want to answer. Whether it was out of fear or something else. I don't know if she wouldn't answer because of what I thought but based on what's been happening I don't think things could get any worse.

She still continued to look away from me. "...it's... classified as a... condition..."

"A condition?! Is that what you're fucking excuse is!?"

"Let me explain!" She snapped back, only realising what she did to cower and look away once again. "...imagine not being able to feel anything since the first day you were born.. that no matter what happened you never laughed, cried, got angry or even smiled... nothing gave you anything in life...  you were just empty with a constant craving for something to just give you some sort of... feeling..." She then thought about what she just said, then stopped herself. "I'm listening aren't I..." I commented, even though what she was saying seemed like absolute bullshit to me. "...that's what my childhood was like... with the addition of my mother and my aunt... who both had the same problem but tried to force their ways into my head. My mother created a lifeless walking corpse which is now my father, my aunt is a constant sex desire woman who allows anyone to do anything they want to her in hopes that they'll give her something to live for. But they all give her nothing..."