A Broken Cycle

It was early morning when I woke up. The room remained dark but still had light from the stars and moon which shone through the unclosed curtains. I could feel her next to me, cuddling up against me. Sleeping with a soft smile on her face, the tears finally had dried up. Though if I wanted to; now would be my chance of leaving and telling the police. But yet I didn't. What I said was true, nothing was a lie. Moving my body upwards I sat straight in the bed. Her arms still wrapped around my waist as she seemed to whimper in fear of letting me go. She was cute...

Patting her head with a warm smile creeping across my face, I turned to the window where I saw the town. Lit up for the night. It was nice and quiet, not a single thing to disturb her. But as my eyes adjusted I noticed the items around the room. Mainly what sat cross from me. A corkboard filled with many photo's and red strings. Along with a few items scattered around near it. From what looked like the school jacket I lost quite a few weeks ago and the umbrella I gave her from when we first met. I should've been creeped out by the sight, but honestly at this stage I found it rather cute...

The fact she kept that umbrella for all this time. In hoping that one day we'd both be together like we were now... It was cute... I couldn't help but look down at her again as she clung to me: sleeping softly. Then something else caught my eye, it sat on the floor beside the bed. Curiously I picked it up and held the small, soft body in my hands. Was a plush of myself..? It was. Black hair, handmade glasses and silver, button eyes with a stitched on smile and a school uniform. She made a plushie of me.

She really loved me that much. I knew I made the right choice in staying... I just wish I knew about it sooner instead of having so many be killed just because of me. That was the only thing I regretted about this whole thing... Other then that I was... Happy.

A buzz interrupted my thoughts as I looked over to the bedside table. There sat my phone which had just lit up; assuming someone messaged me. I looked at it; now knowing I had many missed calls and messages from my sister and best friend. If I was to answer my sister then she wouldn't shut up about it. If I messaged William he'd manage to pin point my location and come over in a matter of minutes; most likely with armed police.

"georgy...?" I heard her mutter as tired eyes looked up at me. "what're you doing..."

"My phone went off is all... I'm not answering don't worry; I'll do that in the morning. At this moment in time my focus is on you..." I replied before placing the phone back down onto the table as she sat up, the covers falling off her top half. "George..." She muttered, taking my hand after it placed down the phone. "Hm?"

"You just... live with your sister... right..."

I nodded, not really wanting to remember what happened to my father and years later my mother.

"Why do you ask...?"

"Do you want to move in with me... I don't want to be alone in this apartment anymore..." Placing a hand on her cheek again, I kissed her forehead. "I'd have to tell my sister about it first but, I should be able to by Wednesday with some help."

"Alright..." She muttered. "Though it's still a bit till sunrise... When I'm guessing you'll have to go for a bit..."

"Only to calm a few people down, you did take me for a few days you know..."

"I know, but I don't want you to be gone for too long... I'll miss you~"

"I'll promise I'll keep in touch..." I replied, wrapping my arms around her to pull her on top of me again. This was the first time I truly saw her smile. Her real smile. The others she showed me may have meant something; but this was one where she genuinely had no more worries in the world. 

And I was happy to be the reason she was now able to show off that smile.

-----------------------

Years passed since that night. He moved in as promised and they spend their remaining school years together in that apartment. Him, still working on his projects with his friend while she kept the place in check and the money together.

Once school was done, the two were married at the age of 19 before buying a house across the town at the age of 20. His projects came around perfectly and became completed; while she continued to be at his side even when opening day came around.

The murders of what happened at the school were left behind, as well as any other bad memories left to gather dust. As the lady watched them drive away on that final day they stayed at the apartment. She smiled to herself, as if she expected for something else to happen or was  simply playing with the thoughts in her twisted head.

The years went as they did, but during the time above: a day in the hospital came around once again. But this time, something had changed.

When the small daughter opened her eyes, they were a calm pink instead of an empty red. As she raised her little arms up to her parents, she began to cry. Despite the mother crying to, she patted her small, soft black locks and held her close while the father held his hand out for her little hands to wrap around.

But in the end, she cried. Just like a normal baby. She cried.

And so the cycle had ended.

With a happy ending and the birth of a beautiful baby girl.

Who they happily named.

Ezra Cooper.