I Was Wrong

It was my first day back.

I slowly paced around the school after talking with my fellow council members on this event which had been taking place over the past three months. They reported no other acts had been committed; nor any suspicious activity had been detected by anyone. Of course I was relieved to hear this, however there was still someone roaming this school who had committed terrible acts. I don't even think prison is a good enough punishment for their filthy actions, nor is the death sentence.

Though I suspect we aren't dealing with someone who's... Normal. Nobody normal would be able to commit so many crimes and get away with it for this long. As well as keep a calm composure through that time when suspicion was on such high alert.

These chains of events got me interested if anything like this had happened before in this country; or anywhere else in the world. All I found was a news article about a school girl being found dead in a gymnasium 20 years ago. The autopsy report stated the girl had her throat slit by a sharp object: most likely a type of knife. Along with bruises around many parts of her body; mainly wrists and ankles. Police suspected that the killing took place between 9pm-12pm, and the culprit managed to get into the gymnasium by stealing a faculties key: which was reported missing the following day in the investigation after the body was discovered.

The only thing which was found at the crime scene was simply the girls body; no weapons, finger prints or any trace of DNA could be located. This lead to police believing that the crime was heavily planned in advice.

Police also questioned students, faculty members and even the principle if they had seen any suspicious activity. Questioning students however was rather challenging since most of the senior students had already left school, town, if not the country after taking their exams at the end of the school year; not to mention the school was meant to close down after this year ended for a new, more modern school to be built in it's place across town. So roughly half of he students weren't even attending the school at this stage. Remaining students stated that things had seemed a bit off lately but nothing unusual. The schools gym teacher however did report that a baseball bat and an instrument case had been missing and that it wasn't located anywhere on school grounds. Police searched areas around the school; even digging up some areas but came up empty handed.

The main investigators around this crime suspected that the case would have been used to transport the body; along with any sort of evidence which could link the criminal to the murder. However from information and facts they had collected before; the body of the girl hadn't been moved since death. They also stated that it wouldn't make sense for the killer to use a whole instrument case to transport a bat, knife and bloody clothing. So they came to the conclusion that the missing items were apart of a completely different event which didn't matter to the crime; that it was just some delinquents who came by and stole some equipment.

The investigation continued for around 4 months; with door to door questionings around the town and asking for reports of any suspicious activity. Little to no evidence was found and the police discarded the investigation shortly after the school was demolished.

Quite irresponsible of them if I do say so myself. But two things about this article caught my attention the most.

1) This event took place at a high school 20 years ago. A school which happened to be the predecessor of this school; which stood on the other side of town. Yes the was the school where the girl was murdered.

It seemed too coincidental that these events took place in the same area. Not to mention in enough of a time period where a high school girl could leave school at the age of 18, have a child 1 year later and have that child be at the age of 17 by today. Meaning she'd be in high school in her second year.