A Waste

Over 100 reads wow thanks :0
Nice to know people have an interest in this story :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lunch bell finally rang as everyone started to get out of their chairs. Excitedly, I reached into my bag and pulled out the wrapped lunch boxes I prepared last night before putting the bag over my shoulder and holding the boxes in my hands. I knew exactly where he would be. With that being said, I quickly made my way to the design classroom as the joy of seeing him twirled around in my head. I was going to have lunch with Georgy! Well, he had to accept first but I had no doubts in my mind he would refuse. My Georgy is kind hearted, plus if he couldn't he'd always ask to reschedule or something along those lines.

I rounded the corner with a smile on my face, then I froze.

...There was another girl there? So soon!?

"So, please if you see Mare please tell me." The girl requested which earned a nod from George. "Of course. I was rather surprised when I didn't see her Thursday or Friday." The girl's expression changed to worry. "She's been missing since then...?"

"Well... maybe... That was the last time I saw her... Sorry I'm not much help..." She looked down and shook her head a little. "No... It's fine... I'll go around to her house in a couple of days when I have the opportunity to be sure she really is ok..."

"Well if she is there, could you tell me? Cause it's just been on my mind how someone could just... Vanish in a day." The girl nodded again. "I will." Then she paused. "...Do you mind if I stay with you? I didn't start till today and I don't exactly have anyone to be with since Mare is gone..." George nodded again. "Of course. Though I do have to work at my desk..."

"I'm fine with that."

"Come on in then."

The girl followed George inside as I remained standing where I froze. That girl was talking about Mare... They weren't related from the looks of things; and the fact she stated she would visit her house so they didn't live together. But still...

If she went to go look she'd find out Mare was missing... aka dead. Then she'd probably tell the police and the school would go under investigation... As far as I'm aware I cleaned everything up rather well but still. I couldn't take any chances...

Looking at the wrapped boxes in my hand, I simply turned around before bumping into something. Stumbling back a little, I looked in front of me and saw a chest of a person. A male chest to be precise. Looking up, before me stood a boy with green, emerald eyes and light brown hair which was short and a little messy. He wore his uniform jacket open to reveal a white T-shirt while everything else seemed relatively normal. "Ah- Sorry... Are you ok?" I just blinked, he held out his hand. "I'm Joshua Weldon. I'm going to assume you're Anemone Shi, right?" He smiled down at me.

...

"How do you know my name." I questioned looking back up at him. "Hm? Oh. Jodie hangs out with my group, she's told us all about you." He replied with a chuckle. "Is that so." I stated while he put his hand away and sniffed a little. "Though I've never actually seen you in person before, only heard stories. So I figured I'd come say Hi myself. Aint' a crime is it? I mainly just wanted to ask if you'd want to hang out some time. Go see a movie, y'know?"

Something seemed off.

"I suppose not, no." I looked back at the boxes in my hands. "...If you would excuse me I'm rather busy." He looked a little surprised. "...Well, alright. Talk to you later then." All I replied with was a simple nod before walking past him back to my classroom and sat down in my chair while placing down both the boxes. My eyes didn't move away from them. It... pained me... After all of the effort I had put in it had to be ruined all by some nosey first year...

I slammed my hand on the desk top without even thinking. Luckily, nobody was in the classroom to see it. A sigh escaped my lips as I untied the cloth, took out one of the bento boxes then wrapped the other back up. "guess I don't have to make lunch for tomorrow..." Though it did still hurt. Greatly.

Placing a hand on my chest, I felt my heart beating. It was rather soft but yet... Strong at the same time. Was it the pain that was doing that...? It had to be right...

I looked down at my bag; staring for a moment before reaching down and pulling out the stuffed plush body along with the half sewn jacket which belonged to it. That girl was going to find out Mare is missing and tell the police... Then police would be all over the school and if another girl came along I don't know if I could get rid of her...

"...oh georgy... what am i meant to do..."

I held the plush close to my chest and squeezed it tightly. It felt... a little warm... anything to do with my georgy always made me feel... warm and complete. It made me feel like I had a reason to be on this earth... only for him and him alone... I didn't want to loose it. I didn't want to loose him. This was why I got rid of that other girl in the first place; Because loosing him all together would be a fate worse then death for me. That isn't the same with other girls or boys. Which was why I needed him the most out of everyone... Nobody would appreciate him like I would. Because he is the only reason for me to stay alive on this planet. Without him I may as well just kill myself...

I chuckled a little before pulling back and looking at the plush which was held in my hands. Lightly stroking it's cheek with my right thumb.

"I'll just have to get rid of her to, won't I..."