09: someone I used to know

09
Pacifica

   I didn't know what to do. I sat there like an idiot for a hot minute. Dipper was doing the same thing I was. Shocked expression, standing still.

   "Erm, do you two know each other?" Rachel suddenly asked, breaking me from my daze.

   "Um, no." I lied. No way I could tell her that Dipper was the guy from three years ago.

   Dipper's expression changed from obvious shock to an unreadable one. "Sorry, no, you just looked like someone I used to know."

   I frowned and almost yelled at him right there. But Janessa interrupted that idea by coming down the stairs. "Dipper!" She exclaimed. "You're here!"

   "Janessa," he turned to her. "You look wonderful."

   Janessa blushed madly. "Such a gentleman."

   "Are you ready to leave?" Dipper asked, his eyes glazing over to where I was still sitting.

   "Let me quickly grab something and then we'll be on our way." She ran back upstairs and I tried not to groan aloud.

   Of course, this was when Gideon decided to come into the room. His eyes went wide as he looked from me to Dipper. "Oh," he muttered.

   "Gideon." Dipper said.

   "Dipper." Gideon nodded.

   "So um," Gideon looked at me his eyes telling me 'I'm sorry'. "How've you been?"

   "Well, thank you." Dipper replied. "Now, I think I should leave."

   As if on cue, Janessa ran down the stairs and linked her arm with Dipper's. "I'll be back in awhile, guys. Don't wait up for me!"

   And just like that, they left.

   "Well, I'm no expert," Rachel frowned. "But there was some serious tension in here." She looked over at me, "so what was that about?"

   Gideon looked at me. And gave me a look that said 'well, are you gonna tell her?'.

   "I just," I started. "I just don't trust him." Which was the truth. I didn't trust Dipper Gleeful, but it wasn't the whole truth.

   "He said you looked like someone he used to know." Rachel said, "what's that about?"

   I shrugged, "no idea. But I don't want him to be another Scott. Janessa doesn't deserve to have her heart broken."

   Rachel nodded. "Well, seeing since it's just the two of us--" Gideon cleared his throat "--the three of us, what should we do?"

   I shrugged. "Right now, I think I want some sleep."

* * *

   A few hours later, I woke up from where I slept in the room in the attic. I stumbled out of bed and checked me phone. The time read 8:34pm and I was mad at myself for sleeping that long. But I believed that I needed it.

   I needed to think over everything that had happened. Dipper saw me. He actually saw me. But the way he looked at me, it showed that he barely remembered me at all. Maybe a part of him thought that he knew who I was. In fact, he even said 'you look like someone I used to know' never even considering that I could have been that girl he used to know.

   I let out another yawn and continued to think it over. I never expected it to be that way, I thought I was going to get a happily ever after as soon as I arrived back in Revere Falls, but those are fake.

   I sat down on my bed and let out a sigh. While Dipper had hurt my heart once more, he was the least of my worries. I needed to figure out what to do about the creature that was tormenting Gideon and I. Perhaps Mabel and her brother too.

   I silently wished that I had brought the third Journal, but I'd just have to make due with what I had. Sucking in a breath, I started writing things I was certain of in a spare notebook I'd found in the living rooms hours ago. I had wrote down the things I was certain about:

1. There was a creature stalking Reverse Falls

2. It only made itself known to people who knew about magic

3. The Gleeful twins might play a role in this

4. It only comes out at night

   There was much to do, and I could only imagine what the creature was planning to do next. If Gideon and I had to take it out, then that's what we'd do. I closed the notebook, tucked it under my arm and got off my bed. I needed to talk to Gideon to figure out what else he knew, when a notification on my phone caught my eye.

   m.gleeful added you on Snapchat.