Chapter 6: Bored

(Betty's POV)

I just couldn't figure him out. He was a mystery and it made him interesting. Maybe that's why he was like that.

"So what do you do in your free time?" I asked him calmly after we had remained in awkward silence for a while.

As I started speaking his eyes focused on my face, like he was trying to understand me by looking at my face.

"I'm part of the serpents obviously. I ride my motorcycle. Meeting friends is another hobby. And the rest of the time I go to school."

I bit my lip.
"Not really interesting but I guess we can write down that we both spend much time with our friends."

He sighed.
"Ponytail, can we get through with this? I'm bored."

I felt my lungs tightening. Of course I was too boring for him.
I've never been good enough to make the time with me interesting.

"Y- yes. We can meet up again this week."

He nodded and stood up. And he just left without saying another word.

I felt empty. Alone.

To distract myself I started drawing. My pencil ran over the paper and you could begin to see his face.

The beautiful face with the little red scar on its left cheek.

I was there drawing, totally in another world when I suddenly heard a voice.

"Ugh, you creep." It was Cheryl Blossom, my sometimes kind, sometimes mean cousin.

"Drawing other people is weird. Stop it,” she said.

"Don't tell anyone," I whispered, and the tears started running down my cheeks.

"Whatever," Cheryl answered and turned away, leaving me alone again.

I ripped out the picture of Sweetpea and threw it in the trash. Then I left as well, already scared to arrive at home.