[steve rogers] study blues

Warnings: stevexfem!reader, some nerd stuff (because psychology is cool, okay?), oral sex, unprotected sex
Word Count: 2.4k

a/n: okay but i'm imagining having to moan 'steve' and i cannot stop wheezing it's so fucking funny
————————————————————

Being the partner of the super soldier in Steve Rogers, you were expected to be someone similar to him, particularly by the media. In real life, it was quite the opposite. You met Steve purely by bumping into him one day at the national museum, and he felt so bad that he felt the need to repay you. He took you out for lunch and you hit off immediately. To him, there was something about you that was different than all of the other girls he had met with on blind dates set up by Tony or Sam. However, you weren't someone with superpowers. You didn't have any special talents and you were quite the average human being with average intellectual ability. At the time you met Steve, you were fresh out of college with a useless law degree forced upon by your parents. Four years down the line, and there you were again, studying the psychology sequence within the Bachelor of Psychological Sciences. On top of your psychology studies, the degree you hoped for required further study in counselling, health, clinical, organisational, and sports psychology, and you were finding it difficult to study constantly while also making sure that Steve was happy and still alive, and also constantly worrying about him whenever he left for missions.

You sat at your desk with your glasses fixed nicely on your nose, your textbook open on the left of you and your hand swiftly moving as you took notes while you read through the pages. You rearranged words and simplified the text so you could read it correctly, leaving the notebook filled with various pages of black ink. When you reached Chapter 4: Section 1 of your "Psychology 101: Synopsis of Psychology" textbook, you found it difficult to wrap your head around the unnecessary relations between the legitimate facts of psychology and the background of Austrian neurologist Sigmund Freud. A groan escaped your lips as you read the paragraphs of Freud's father and how his mother treated him, confused as to how it was in any relation to psychology. Obviously hearing your frustrated noise, someone knocked at the door. You let out a sigh and placed your bookmark beneath the last sentence you read before removing your glasses. Once placed neatly on your notebook, you stood and walked over to the door. You opened it to see Steve looking quite attractive in a tight, blue button-down.

"Are you okay, doll?" he asked with his arms folded across his chest while he brushed past you and into your bedroom, a concerned expression across his face.

"I'm fine, Steve," you sighed and closed the door behind him, running a hand through your [h/c] locks. "Just a bit frustrated because I can't particularly understand this section of my textbook."

"Let me take a look at it," he offered, moving over your desk. A sigh escaped your lips and you moved over to where he stood before your desk. "What is it that you're having the most issues with?"

"Chapter four, section one," you huffed as you took a seat. "It seems just like endless talk of Sigmund Freud's life and his father as opposed to psychoanalytic theory."

"Did you miss the part where the text states that his life is an example of psychoanalytic theory?" Steve questioned as he pointed to the very first sentence. You shook your head, having read the sentence over and over again to make sense of it.

"To me, it feels like there's no information on psychoanalytic theory and it's just background on his life, which I know leads to his theories," you grumbled. You watched as your partner flicked his eyes through the passage, his lip caught between his teeth. Once he had finished reading the page, he turned to you and unhelpfully shrugged.

"I definitely get the same impression. In saying that, there's still," he paused for a moment to flick through the textbook, "three more sections to the chapter. The information here could tie into more Sigmund Freud theories later discussed."