Chapter 4

Sam comes back beat up with wounds close but not as bad as mine. Elton sees him first and exclaimed, "what the fuck happened to you?" Sam sits down on the couch and says
"Brennen" with tears in his eyes. I sit down next to him and ask what he meant. He looks at me for a minute and starts telling me everything. Apparently, Brennen had done the exact same thing to him but Sam had nobody because his parents died in a joint suicide attempt.
This happened to Sam 2 years ago but he lived on the streets for 6 months. Then Elton found him exactly as he found me. I felt horrible I did what I had wanted to do since I saw him. I stood up wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.
He was about to start crying and I whispered in his ear "It's gonna be ok". He started sobbing, I held him there while Elton advice us to go up to Sam's room and talk. I walked Sam up the stairs and took one look back at Elton he winked at me and gave me a thumbs up.
I laughed earning a confused look from Sam. We walked in the door and sat on the bed in a synchronized movement. It made us actually giggle turning into belly laughs.
Nothing was necessarily funny but it felt as if we had been missing something our entire lives and we finally found it. Sam stopped laughing and looked me straight in the eyes. "Shit" I exclaimed, "Did I say that out loud?"