Chapter 8

I woke up in a hospital bed with Sam by my side. He was sleeping, I glanced at a clock and it was 2 am I felt so bad he was here for me.
I kissed him despite all the wires blocking my way it startled him awake but as soon as he realized it was me his soft lips danced in excitement undermine making me laugh. He pulls away and looks me straight in the eyes. "Don't EVER leave me, Colby Brock, I love you too much" I look at him and all the sadness in his eyes and I tell him "I'll try my hardest."
It doesn't seem to satisfy him but he lays off me and melts into my lips again. The doctor comes in in the morning and tells me I'm free to leave. I realize the moment I go home I'm going to be attacked with questions.
I'm definitely not prepared for that. After the drive home Sam asks me if I'm ok to go inside the only response I can attempt to do is stare him in his sky blue eyes.
"They're your friends Colby, they won't judge you." I take what he says to heart and stare out of the car feeling petrified. Sam opens the door for me and 4 heads rush up to me and I feel like passing out again. I wake up on the couch with Elton and Sam. Elton tells me that as soon as I'm ready I can schedule a house meeting because everybody wants to know what's going on with me.
I gulp down my fears look at Elton and tell him I'm ready now.