Hercules Interlude

Hercules POV

I was walking down the walls hastily when a soft singing voice stopped me. Was that... Red singing?

"You are my sunshine~"

I followed their voice to the garden.

"My only sunshine~"

I saw them holding a rose, ignoring the thorns making their thumb and fore fingers bleed.

"You make me happy~"

They were crying softly.

"When skies are grey~"

They walked around the flower beds and picked a hydrangea.

"You'll never know dear~"

They picked a tulip.

"How much I love you~"

She tied the three flowers up with a ribbon.

"Please don't take my sunshine away~"

"Mr Lerone," the kings voice made me stiffen and turn to him as he looked at me expectantly. "What're you doing?"

"I'll always love you~"

"I'm following Red," I reply honestly. The king leans around me and watches her swiftly move, hair swaying in the wind as they go and place the self-made bouquet of three different flowers on a stone slab she had placed on the castle grounds.

"And make you happy~"

The king and I look at each other, then follow them together as she leans over the slab of stone darkly.

"Cause you are my sunshine~"

Their body shook with holding back tears.

"My only sunshine~"

The sky thundered with dark clouds.

"You make me happy, when skies are grey~"

Light rain began to patter on the ground.

"You'll never know dear... just how much I love you~"

The rain grew heavier. There was mud on their skirt and tears falling over their cheeks. But they weren't sobbing yet.

"Please dON't take my sunshine away~"

Their voice cracked.

"Please don't take..." they sniffled. The rain fell harder. "My... sunshine..." they hiccupped and sniffled again, attempting to hold back tears. The king and I were sheltered by the rain due to an umbrella he's smartly had on him.

"...A-away..."

Broken screams and loud cries echoed in the castle gardens. Maids, servants and guards in the nearby area all came to investigate. I left the kings side, immediately getting soaked as I placed an arm around Red. The stone simply read; Sally.