Chapter 4

(Y/n)'s POV

About three weeks later, Alexander invited us to a wedding. He was literally getting married three weeks after knowing the girl. And the girl said YES!? I don't fucking understand this timeline. ANYWAYS. Alexander cornered me a bit after the others left.

"Do you need something...?" I ask slowly. "I want you to be the best man, with John, that is," Alexander says. I blink. "But-!"

"I know, I know, just, I don't think John will be able to do it on his own... he asked me to ask you," Alex cut in. I blink again. "S-sure...?" Alexander smiles and punched my shoulder playfully. "Thanks, knew you would," Then he left.

I quickly made my way to John's tent, (F/n) must've gone home because there was only him and two people I didn't know. "John, can we talk?" I ask. He nods and pats the place on his bet beside him. I stand across from him.

"Alex said you-"

"-wanted you to be the best man with me? Yeah. I just... Alex is getting married... and I don't think I can handle that... on my... own..." he trailed off slowly, eyes downcast on the ground. "What do you mean?" He doesn't reply. "John, I can't help if you don't-"

"I like Alexander," I'm not stupid. I know exactly what he meant. "A-and I know he feels s-something to me as well-" EW. "-s-so I don't know why he's marrying E-Eliza," he was softly crying now. I sit next to John and pull him into a hug, his hands were pressed between us so he couldn't hug back but I did feel him relax into the touch after a second. "Money, probably, maybe to have a successor? There could be many factors at play John,"

He sniffled. "I guess y-your right..." he murmured. "John, have you ever met Eliza?" I ask. "Y-yeah, I met her at the ball, she's pretty, long black hair and beautiful brown eyes 'n-" WOW! OKAY THEN! "John, do you feel like you're being... left out of the relationship?" he pulls back to look at me. "Left out...?" I nod. "If I were to ask you to describe either, you could probably talk for hours, you like them both," it all seemed to be coming together in his head. "And if that's the case, then you're going to have to confront Alexander and Eliza yourself,"

John blinks. "Y-yeah... okay... okay, I'll do that, thanks Mom- uh- WAIT," I chuckle. "Johnny, you're a bisexual in distress, I have no control over who I am either, call me what you will, preferably 'they' or 'them' pronouns, please," John nods, blinking at me in surprise as I leave the tent.

I went home that night, I really needed a shower. "You're home!" (F/n) called, poking their head into the hall from the kitchen. "Yep, and guess what?" They hummed, going back to cooking. "I have a son now," They went silent and looked back out at me with wide eyes. "What?" their voice cracked. "John called me Mom," I explain. They sigh, then snicker. "As to be expected, I suppose, John seems like the type to get attached,"

I snicker and walk into the bathroom to wash myself of the grime and dirt.

After I was done, (F/n) and I ate dinner together and watched a movie. "Hey, Blue?" They hum. "Do you think we're aging in that world? Or do we only age here?" they were silent for a minute. "Well... I think we age both ways... we age there, then revert to our usual states when we come back here," they explain. I ponder the thought to myself. "It's pretty much immunity..." I whisper. "Yeah... I guess..."

Sleep came and it went during the night. I'd drift off to sleep, only to awake an hour or so in a cold sweat. I was drifting off again.

"We all love you,"

"I want you to marry me,"

"Momma!"

An infant's cry...

"Love!"

"On Tuesday the twenty seventh..."

"Don't go into the basement!"

"You're mother now, like it or not,"

Gun shots...

"MY BABY!!"

"Help me,"

Sobbing...

"My child,"

"But ma'am I-"

I bolted up once more...

In a cold sweat once more...

I don't think I could get to sleep tonight.

I grab my phone off of my bedside table and turn on the random lamp I have as I light. It was brighter than my bedroom light and filled the room. I set my phone up on a stand and star live recording. Almost immediately there's a few thousand watchers. I am pretty popular on YouTube, I suppose.

"Hey peers and queers it's like... I don't know? Three am here in New York? Anyways, I couldn't be bothered to set up my equipment so I'm recording off my phone. Since I can't sleep tonight, so I guess I'm just gonna do uh, a uh- Q&A. My voice is raspy as well so- yeah, that's some ASMR or something for you guys. UHM- yeah... there's no script for this..."

I stopped and read the comments blasting on the bottom of my computer screen, yep, I was watching myself. "Uh, why can't I sleep? Nightmares, the usual," another few questions and lots of support popped up. "Uh... what did I dream about? Haha, I uh- I don't quite remember, it was mostly a blur with voices and sounds,"

I spent the next few hours talking to a camera and reading questions. My door opened behind me. "Red, what the fuck?" they asked. "I can sleep, what time is it?" I ask, ignoring the blow up on my laptop. They never knew I had a roommate. "God, it's like seven am, whatever, vlog or whatever, I'll get breakfast ready," They left, closing my door. "Alrighty then, officer!!" I called.

I turn back to my laptop.

(@kenzhop: omg!!!! Is that ur bf/gf!?!?!)

(ashl3y: who tf is that!? OFFICER!?)

(bigop: is that ur body guard!?!?)

That and other nonsense. "They're not my partner, nor my body guard, that is Blue, for those who have heard of them but never seen them! They are a police officer here in New York," I explain. "And now, I believe it's time to sign off till next time, take it easy peers and queers, Red out," I made a face at the camera and turned my phone off, joining (F/n) in the kitchen for breakfast.

"Nightmare's again?" They asked. "Yep," I reply. "You know that doesn't count as insomnia right?" they asked. "I don't care," I reply.