Chapter 22

(Y/n)'s POV

Since Elita was eleven and closer to Philip's age, she hung out with him and Theodosia when we went through the portal. Eliza gave birth to twins to which she named Maria Jr and John Jr. Maria also had another child whom she named after Alexander. Because that's apparently what people did in that time. Later on, Eliza birthed another child she named James Alexander, after someone I didn't know/care about, John Church, after Angelica's (her sister) husband and the year Washington retired she had another whom was named William Stephan, after her younger sister's husband. During this time, Maria too had more children, one she named after me because????? I don't know, another she named after Aaron for helping her with the divorce and the last she named after Eliza.

So, in this family, there was Frances (27 years, she's married now), Philip (19 years), Angelica and Susan (16 years), John and Maria Jr (15 years), Alexander Jr (14 years), James (12 years), John II (8 years), (Y/n) Jr, William and Aaron (3 years) ... and Elita who pretty much didn't age, because time is fucked up. I think the others assumed it was a disorder and never asked about it.

Eliza wasn't in the best mood. She was standing in the garden mournfully watching the plants. I'm not surprised, her sister died after all. I think Alexander was the last to speak to her...

Philip stormed through the house angrily (he really was a mirror version of John... based off his looks) and stormed right into Alexander's office before anyone could question him. Thankfully he was yelling pretty loud. "POPS IF YOU HAD ONLY HEARD THE SHIT HE SAID ABOUT YOU! I DOUBT YOU WOULD'VE LET IT SLIDE AND I WAS NOT ABOUT TO!" I hear Alexander respond "Slow down," but Philip kept going, only a bit quieter. "I came to ask you for advice. This is my very first duel- They don't exactly cover this subject in boarding school,"

Then why didn't you go to John? He's got duelling practise...

"Did your friends attempt to negotiate a peace?" Alexander asked. "He refused to apologise we had to let the peace talk cease,"

"Where is this happening?"

"Across the river in New Jersey,"

Everything is legal in New Jersey...

"Alright. So this is what you're gonna do: Stand there like a man until Eacker is in front of you. When the time comes, fire your weapon in the air- This will put an end to the whole affair,"

I step in. "I don't believe that's the advice you gave John with his duel with Lee during the war," I comment. Alexander and Philip looked over to me. "Dad was in a duel?" Philip asked. "Mhmm, he shot first, then your father got sent home, according to what I was told," Philip blinked. "Which one-?"

"Alex,"

"What advice did Pops give Dad?" Philip asked. I saw Alexander mouth "NO" to me, but I ignored him. "Look him in the eye, aim no higher, then summon all the courage you require, and count," Philip nods. "N-no! To take someone's life, that is something you can't shake!
Philip, your mother can't take another heartbreak," Alex says. Philip falters. "Father-"

"Promise me. You don't want this young man's blood on your conscience," Alex says. "Okay, I promise..." Philip replies. "Come back home when you're done... Take my guns. Be smart. Make me proud, son," Alex ruffled Philips hair and went back to work as Philip left. "You're going to get him killed," I growl under my breath.

Okay, so following Philip might've been a bad idea but I didn't have time to think of a game plan. Philip was mumbling to himself as his second attempted to console him. He was there first, waiting nervously until George Eacker appeared. He kind of looked like Hercules, or James.

"Mr Eacker? H-how was the rest of your show?" Philip asked. "I'd rather skip the pleasantries, let's go," Eacker growled.

"Grab your pistol,"

"Confer with your men..."

"The duel will commence after we count to ten!" Philip says. "Look him in the eye, aim no higher- Summon all the courage you require, then slowly and clearly aim your gun towards the sky," I heard Philip mumble whilst NOT aiming his gun at the sky. The seconds reached ten, and there was nothing but the movement of cloth. Philip and George turned to their heels and faced each other.

Two minutes passed...

Philip slowly started to raise his arm. I reacted automatically and ran forwards just as George shot. It hurt like a bitch and the light hurt my eyes, however I do know I ended up on the couch. Violet whined in understanding as she ran up to me and nuzzled my leg hanging off the couch.

I coughed, feeling blood trickle down my chin.

Soon, I head movement and Elita came from the basement. When she saw me, she gasped and went to call police. "Wait!" Fuck, that hurt. "W-why?" She stuttered, large green eyes staring nervously at me. "Medics will ask how this happened, I can't tell them I was shot three centuries ago, just call Posey, she's a nurse in training..." I grunt, my throat burned.

Elita did just that and when Posey got here, she went through a similar process with me that she had with (F/n). "Honestly, how did you both manage to shot?" She sighed. Posey also happened to be babysitting, so she had to bring the three with her.

Young teens roughly around thirteen. One with pastel pink and purple died hair and bright green eyes, one with red hair and orange eyes and the last with dark pinkish- purple hair and purple eyes.

Rachelle's younger sister, Serenity, Jackie's younger sister, Ashley and another friend's adopted younger sister, Sarah. They got along pretty well with Elita but they did question the bullet. I just told them it was an accident and they bought it.

God. (F/n) is gonna flip.