Chapter 23

(Y/n)'s POV

As expected, (F/n) freaked out, I suppose because we'd both gotten shot in the other world, I guess? Anyways, I's sent Elita back through the portal with the other three girls, mostly just to see what the fuck happened after I disappeared into thin air. They'd come back where was mere minutes for us, but hours for them. Elita was saying something about Philip seeing a blur then the gunshot, a bright light and then nothing, but the duel had been cut off and both he and Eacker went home. The girls left after that with Elita because- and I quote; "SLEEPOVER! SLEEPOVER! SLEEPOVER!" so now (F/n) was making dinner.

"It's actually funny," (F/n) comments. "You told the king you didn't want to change history too much, but here we are, stopping significant deaths," I snicker. "Yeah, but I read Alexander's history, Angie would've had a mental breakdown if Philip died," They nodded. "Yeah, but isn't their youngest son named after Philip? Wouldn't that change now that he's not dead?"

I shrug. "Plus, John not dying was your fault, Alex would've been more cut off if he had died," they sigh. "Yeah, I know but that was during war, all you had to do was mind your fucking business, and what about the Maria Reynolds thing? You stopped Alexander from cheating and now she's fucking all of them,"

I snicker. "I introduced them to poly-dating, which reminds me, we haven't seen Hercules in ages, I know Laf's involved with the French revolution so I can't exactly count him," (F/n) hums. "Alex and Laf were pretty close friends, I wonder why Alex decided against helping him..." I scoff. "Some stupid shit about being a new nation and not being equipped enough to engage in war again," I say. "Convinced Washington of it, I think James was actually on Alex's side because he didn't really seem to back up Thomas' argument,"

(F/n) snickers to themselves. "I like how you refer to them all by first name, while they refer to each other by last name, proves how much you don't actually hate the democrats," I hum. "Yeah, that reminds me, Aaron joined them, daddy Schuyler lost his senate seat to him but I honestly think he gave it to Aaron,"

(F/n) laughed. "DADDY SCHUYLER," they snickered. "Lizzie's dad," I confirm. Still snickering, they asked; "What make you think Schuyler gave his senate seat to Burr?"

"Well, if he was taken down, it was way too easily, I think he trusted Aaron had good ideas and pretended to be distressed, daddy-Schuy is pretty old now anyways, I think he just wants to calm his life down," (F/n) was still snickering. "Please don't call him that- daddy-Schuy-"

Our conversation continued as dinner was served and we went to bed.

Laboured breathing awoke me, and I opened my eyes. I didn't see anything, but I could hear it, not exactly in my ear, but somewhere in my room. I really didn't want to sit up and alert who- or whatever it was- that I was awake. But I needed to piss so good enough.

I came back to the same laboured breathing and I look around my room.

"Who's there?" I ask aloud. There was a moving blur and something shoved past me and down the hall to the portal. I chased it, for some reason, and ponced in it before it could reach the portal. I doubt they could even go through since the door was locked but eh.

"Mėlch! Trel løk xįrchåm!" whoever this thing screamed. It was some language I didn't understand. "Ech zlėtch įskncės'kån ėrį!!" they continued with alter babble, scratching and clawing at me until I turned them over and pinned their arms under my legs. It looked really weird but I digress. "English!" I snap. "Can you speak English?" the stop struggling, thankfully but continue to glare at me.

They had lavender purple skin, spotted in darker purple marks that made it seem like they belonged to a tribe of some sort. They had black sclera and glowing orange eyes. Their hair was a mess, probably from never being brushed by the looks off it, that was forcibly held back with what looked similar to a clip. They wore shredded clothes and pointed ears kind of like an elf. I was also pretty sure they had a tail.

"Can you speak English?" I repeat. They beared sharp pointed teeth. "Is that a yes?" they growled at me. "I speak human language, I not tell you my purpose," they hiss. A shiver went down my spine, they had two tongues. "Fair, what's your name?" it gave me a weird look. "What do your... elders call you?" I ask, hoping that was the right phrase. "...Måch trį," they say. "... and that means?" the hiss at me again. "Spirit girl," I nodded. "So you're female?"

"Too much question! Human too curious," she snaps. "I have a name and I have the damn right to be curious, whoever the fuck you are broke into my house and was staking out in my room," I snap back. "Human not deserve power! Magic beyond human knowledge!" Maya snapped at me. Yep, I named her. Sue me.

"Why try to get rid of it now?" I ask. "My clan has slept long enough, with magic, I can wake them!" ah, personal gain, the thing every human does best. This thing wasn't human though. "What are you?" I ask. "I come from Nįlkmør clan!" she snaps, then falters. "Though, recent actions do not follow our laws,"

"What does Nilkmor translate to?" I ask. "Mean 'Love' in human language, can human get off Måch trį now?" hesitantly, I get off of her. "Can I just call you Maya?" I ask. She looks at me weirdly as she sits up. "What mean?" I shrug. "I dunno, depends on the language,"

"Humans have more language?" Maya asks. "Different to each... clan, I suppose, but we can learn each other's languages," I explain. "You are not attacking... ølkįrs told ancient stories of human race, soulless murderer who hurt everything... you are not as the story has described,"

"Not all humans are evil, as not anything thing else is evil, they do what they do in support of themselves usually," I say. "Circle of life," Maya looked at me. "Måch trį will accept human calling, in exchange for hers,"

"You want to know my name?" I ask. Maya shrugged, then nodded. "Call me (Y/n),"

"How would you even use the portal to- reawaken- your clan?" I ask after a moment of silence. "Change time zone," she says. I blink. "You can do that?"

"YOU HAD PORTAL FOR LONG TIME AND YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE TIME ZONE!?!?" Maya yelled. I snorted as her eyes seemed to flash angrily and her tail stood on end like a cat's tail would. I just realised that it's not... exactly- a tail. "Nope, we've just been going through,"

"We've also locked the door so I doubt you could get through," the froze. "Actually, that reminds me, how did you get into the house?" Maya blinks. "I been here for many year, locked in roof," What? "What the attic? The attic doesn't have a window how would yo-... you came from one of the other attics..."

I'd messed around with those weeks ago, she's just been hanging around the house for that time? What did she eat?? "When you opened roof, I slipped down, but I was tussled and left, ate proper meal, then come back for magic,"

"What did you eat for those years?" I asked. "Bug," I gagged. This was going to be very weird to explain in the morning. I looked at her. "Do you want to put proper clothes on?" I ask. She looks at me suspiciously. "My only goal is to get magic, no need for fabric," I shake my head. "We can't give that to you, but you are welcome to stay until we're done with it,"

She considers this. "You give to me willingly, when is no longer useful?" she asks. "Sure, no bother keeping something if we're not using it," her orange eyes stare into mine. "We make deal, you keep magic until finish, and I protect house until so, many creature want magic for their use,"

I shrug and nod, holding my hand out. She looks confused. "This is a way of confirming a deal in human culture, you just take my hand," slowly, she does that and I shake it, then let go. "If you break deal, I kill you," she says. "Why not do that then get the magic?"

"Nįlkmør clan," I nod. "Also what's up with your tail? It has a face," I say. "It part of magic, when limb cut off, creature take place in trade of protection," Maya says. "Cool," I lead her up the stairs/ramp thing and into Elita's room. "I guess you could stay here tonight, Ellie's clothes would fit you," Maya was actually a bit shorter than Elita...

Maya examined the draws and pulled out a white shirt, jeans and a blue hoodie. "These shall suffice," I nod. "My room is just across the hall, knock on my door if you need anything," she nods and I go to my room. I face plant onto my bed and let out a groan. Why was this shit happening to us?