Chapter 34

A/N: Brace yourself for the storm.

Tin's POV

"Argh... Can! Your phone!"

Tin groaned and turned around to shake his boyfriend awake.

It took him a while to get Can to stir.

A part of him felt bad for waking him this early. It was Can's first training- and match-free weekend in ages and he had been excited to be able to sleep in for once.

Tin would have to find a way to say sorry to him afterwards, but he just couldn't bear the constant buzzing from Can's phone anymore.

"How many times do I have to ask you to put it on silent mode? Why do you insist on keeping vibration on, anyway?"

In response, Can threw the extra cushion at him and finally reached over him to grab his still buzzing phone.

"You know how often I lose it. If I put it on silent, I won't be able to find it anymore half the time."

He leaned back against the wall angrily.

"Why is this thing going off all the time in the first place?"

As he unlocked it and began scrolling through his notifications, Tin could observe Can's facial expression changing from angry to confused and then turning pale as a sheet in the faint light of the phone's screen.

Shit.

"Everything... okay?"

There was no response.

"Bad news?"

Can only slightly waved the phone in his direction, inviting him to look for himself.

Tin crawled over to sit next to Can.

He could immediately see why he was so upset.

There were still messages pouring in by the second, and each of them plopping up felt more disturbing than the previous. The messages were shameless flirts, come-ons, questions about the price of his "services", broken by frankly disgusting pictures of men in different... positions and states of... undress.

While Can still remained petrified, Tin grabbed the phone from him and tried to find the source of these messages.

"Did you post your number somewhere?"

He couldn't imagine Can doing this...

Tin had the sinking feeling that it wasn't an accident. Not with everything that had been going on.

But why where they hitting Can... and not him?

As he had predicted, Can slowly shook his head in response to his question, still wide-eyes with shock.

Tin's thoughts were racing.

He needed to figure out what to do. They needed to find the source of these messages, they needed to figure out who was behind it and they needed to find a way to make it stop.

Also... he needed to protect Can, no matter what.

Tin jumped out of bed quickly, took his own phone from the nightstand on his way up and turned on the light. It nearly broke his heart when he saw his pale and dishevelled boyfriend still sitting on the bed, while the phone continued to buzz next to him.

As much as he wanted to prioritize comforting Can, Tin was anxious to start tracing these messages.

He quickly booted up his laptop. But before he actually got to work, his gaze fell back onto Can and he changed his mind.