John Deacon #1

1975

I was friends with this cute guy back in high school named John Deacon. He was really shy and quiet and I had a crush on him. I haven't seen him ever since high school graduation and sometimes I wonder about what he could be doing right now?

I turn my TV on and sit down on my couch with a bowl of cereal. There is a concert for a band named Queen. Their music sounded pretty good so kept it on the channel. The bass player is really cute and looks like John Deacon. 

Then I realized that it was John. John Deacon...

I dropped my cereal on the floor in shock. I wanted to talk to him again but I couldn't because there is a possibility that he forgot who I was. I clean up my mess with paper towels while still watching the concert. That's when a lightbulb rang in my head. I should become a groupie. That way I can see John again. Perfect. 

I put on my jeans with black jacket and white Converse high tops and left to go to the record shop close by. I entered the shop in a few minutes since it was close by and started looking for Queen records. 

"Hi, what can I do for you young lady?" a cashier asks as she approaches me.

"Do you have any records by this band named Queen?" I ask hopefully. 

"Yeah follow me, they are right over here by the Q section" the cashier says and takes me to Q section. I look through the records and see 'Queen' 'Queen 2' and 'sheer heart attack'. I take those 3 records and ask, "Do they have more records?"

"Nope, they have only released 3. 2 were released last year and 1 came out 2 years ago." The cashier says and takes my records. "Is this all your buying?"

"Yeah, but I want to know more about Queen. Are they having any concerts lately?" 

"Many one is tomorrow night, there are still tickets available." The cashier says as he hands me my bag. 

"Thank you," I say as I leave and walk down the street. When I get home, I look closely at the Queen 2 and Sheer Heart Attack album covers. I'm pretty sure that guy is John. I look in back and see the words "John Deacon."  Looks I like seriously need to go to a Queen concert to reunite with him again. 

The Next Day

I look at myself in the mirror feeling nervous. Today I am going to see John for the first time in many years. I drive to the concert, pay for my ticket, and watch. John is so cute. He is just looking at his bass and not focusing on any of the crazy fans who are screaming. 

After the concert I run through the crowd and find John backstage drinking tea. I feel nervous but mainly excited since I am finally going to talk to John for the first time since high school.

"Hi John, do you remember me?"  I say nervously as I approach him.

"Y/N, is that you? From high school?" John asks. 

"Yes, it's me and I came to this concert because I saw you on TV and I realized that you were in a band. I'm so happy for you!" I say as I hug him. 

"I'm happy to see you here. I have missed you more than anyone else in our class," he hugged back. "Would you like to go out with me? I wanted to ask you for a long time ever since high school but I never had the chance to do so," he suddenly said.

"John I'd love to go out with you!" I say as I kiss him and his face turns red.