Duff McKagan #1

For 003karola003

Narrator's POV
1984
"I have to leave Seattle. I'm sorry," Duff says to his best friend, Caroline.
"I'm going to miss you. Do you think we'll ever see each other again?" She says looking down.
"Hopefully one day we'll see each other again. I'll always remember you," He says. He  then wanted to confess his feelings to her but he realized that this wasn't the best time to do so.

They hugged each other and then Duff left. This was the last time Caro ever saw him.

1987
Caro was walking down the streets of Los Angeles. She's been living here for 3 months already. Life was awesome in LA in her opinion and she wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

She walked into a small clothing shop and decided to look for some new clothes to buy. When she finally picked out her clothing, she walked over to the cashier and placed the clothes she was going to buy on the counter. The cashier then checked out her clothes and gave her the receipt.

"Thank you and have nice day," the cashier says handing her the shopping bag.
"You too," Caro said and then walked towards the front door. Then she accidentally bumped into a man.

"Omg, I'm sorry!" She said trying to apologize to the guy.
She didn't recognize who he was until he spoke up.

"Oh no. It's alright."
Something about his voice seemed familiar. Then she recognized who he was. He was her best friend Duff.

"Duff, is that you?"
"Yes. Are you Caroline?"
"Yes! I've missed you so much!" She says and hugs him. He hugs her back and says, "I've missed you too. Yknow, maybe we should hang out sometime and do something together. Just like we used to."
"Of course. What would you like to do?"
"Maybe just walk around the beach during sunset. What do you think?"
"Sounds good. Should we do it this Saturday?"
"Whatever day is good for you."
"Saturday it is!"

Saturday
They went walking around the beach in LA. They told each other things that happened over the years and many other things. The Hollywood sign was clear and visible from where they were. They decided to just sit down near the sign and enjoy the atmosphere.

It was starting to feel like a romantic setting. The sun was setting and Duff felt like expressing his feelings to Caro. It was the right time to do so and he decided to build up his strength and do it.

"Caroline, can I tell you something?"
"Sure."
"Well. I've been wanting to tell you this for a long time but I never had the strength to do so so that's why I never told you this but I'm in love with you. I've been in love with you for a long time."
Caro gasped at the words. She was shocked because she had the same feelings for him.
"Duff, I've been in love with you since high school and I-"
Duff cut her off by kissing her lips. She kissed back and then they pulled away.

"So you'd like to be my girlfriend?"
"I'd love to."

They kissed again and spent of the evening cuddling and kissing.

The end