Bob Dylan #2

For swoonspoon

"Any news?" I asked as I took a sip of coffee. 
"No, none at all," Bob said. 

We were at the coffee shop downtown talking about random things. It was kind of like a date, but in reality it wasn't. It was a friendly date without any romance or any of that type of stuff involved. Bob asked me earlier today if I wanted to go out and have some coffee with him, so I agreed and here we are now. 

A few minutes later, the clock read "8:53" and I realized that it was getting late and it was about time to go home. "Hey, should we just leave and go home? The shop is about to close in a few minutes," I suggested and shrugged. "Sure, I am getting a bit tired too," he said and stood up from his chair. We already paid for the drinks, so we headed out the door. The cold air outside hit me and I wasn't wearing a sweater so I shivered. "Are you cold?" Bob said as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and held me close to him. "Yes," I said and we headed to his car. I was a bit annoyed that he didn't offer his sweater to me, but I figured that he was probably cold too.

"Would you like to stay at my house for the night? It's pretty late, and I don't think you feel like driving in the dark," he said. "Yea, of course."

His house was as cold as it was outside. He turned on the thermostat, and it quickly warmed it. I was a bit tired and exhausted, so I lied down on his couch and closed my eyes. He joined me there a few minutes later and hugged me tightly, warming me up a bit. I loved being there, cuddling with him, because I felt warm and protected. It wasn't common for me to get embraced by anyone so I was happy.

 "Y/N, I think this is the perfect time to tell you this. Do you want to hear?" Bob said as he held me in his arms. 

"Of course, tell me anything," I said, hoping it would be something good. 

"I've liked you for a long time and I think that I'm in love with you," he said. My face lit up a bit when he said I had feelings for him too. "I think I'm in love with you too," I said.

He didn't utter a single word. Instead he gave me a soft kiss on the lips as he continued to hold me in his embrace.