Mick Jagger #1

A/N: Takes place in 1956, I think. Idk but yall are 13 year old 7th graders. 

It was a boring Tuesday morning. The hallways were crowded with kids doing random shit here and there. Nothing interesting was happening. I was hanging out at the lockers with my best friend Ronnie. I was never one of the popular kids at school, but it didn't make life too bad. I could say I was very happy with my life. Except for this one particular issue.

I had a crush on a guy, and he happens to be the most popular guy at school. This guy is Mick Jagger. He's that one guy at school who every girl falls for. Girls will always surround him and attempt to get his attention, which he obviously enjoyed. I hated myself for liking the most basic guy at school, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. He wasn't even the most good looking guy, but I couldn't help it. 

I tried to ignore this crush, but whenever I saw him with girls at lunch, I felt jealousy inside of me. Sometimes my friends notice and ask if there's something wrong. I always reply with "nothing" or "everything's fine" even though were lies.

"Y/N, have you heard about the party Mick is having this weekend??" Ronnie asked. 

"Yeah, I heard."

"Are you going?" 

"I don't know if I can," I frown.

Just because I was invited to Mick's party didn't mean I was special in shape of form. He invites the whole 7th grade class to his party. 8th and 6th graders always found a way to crash the party. I don't even know how he does it, but his parties get extremely wild. Of course, girls always surround him and flirt with him at those parties. Oh, how lovely it would be to just push them to the side. 

"Is something wrong, Y/N?" Ronnie asks.

"Nothing is wrong. I'm fine!" I say a bit harshly and instantly regret it.

"Jeez it was just a question. You don't have to get mad," she shrugs. "Is there something on your mind? I think there is. Boy issues? Teacher issues? Home issues?" 

"Ugh. I have a crush on Mick Jagger, " I say as I look down at the floor. 

"Ooh! Y/N's got a crush on Mickey!" she starts teasing as she glanses to her side and sees Mick walk by with his best friend Keith.

"Look over there, it's Mick! Go talk to him!" she says as she tries to grab my hand to drag me over there but fails to, since I run away quickly and hide in the restroom by locking myself in the stall.

There is no way that I would ever tell Mick that I liked him because I knew what I was going to get: A rejection. Obviously I didn't want to go through that. 

I was hoping Ronnie would forget all about it, but I had a feeling she would hold it over my head and bring it up at any opportunity.

1st period

My first class is Spanish, unfortunately. This class was extremely boring and I felt like I never learned anything. My teacher, Mr. Sanchez, would always rant about some nonsense in spanish that no one could understand. He'd also give us complicated articles to read. Class was only 45 minutes long but it felt like 2 hours.

I couldn't concentrate in class today. That conversation with Ronnie kept circling around my mind, and it made it very impossible for me to focus. I couldn't stop thinking about Mick either. I had about 5 classes with him, but even then he wouldn't notice me. I just wasn't that important. I pulled out my spanish journal and began to draw a picture of Mick and I. I got pretty invested to the point where Mr. Sanchez noticed and walked up to me.