Chapter 4

Mika's POV

The three of us was silently seated near the clubhouse of our subdivision. This is a first time for us. Usually, by this time, we're on our way home, Taehyung and I would be bickering about something while Jimin watches us offering his smile every now and then.

It's been a long time since I observe my friends. Usually, unless I have something to discuss, I listen to their sound.

Maybe that's what wrong. Eversince I've had this gift, I never really had any deep conversation with just the two of them.

"Let's go home." Taehyung said. "Let's decide tomorrow."

I immediately heard a shrill high note from Jimin. He was smiling as he nod at Taehyung but I knew the brief moment he felt hurt. "No, let's decide now. I want to help Jimin."

A deep bass echoed followed by Taehyung's scoff. "What? This is not about Jimin, Mika. It's whether we could trust that kid with what he wants us to do."

That quick shrill noise again while Jimin approaches me. "Taehyung's right, Mika, you don't have to." Jimin leaned on my shoulder. "I just got excited awhile ago. My head's clear now, Taehyung's right— we don't know his intentions are."

"Yeah, but I know you want this. I know you want—"

"Well, Jimin if you're not that sad then maybe you could be convince her that we don't have to risk—"

"We said we would help each other!" I shouted at Tae. "Was that an empty promise for you?"

"I wanted to help him but—" Taehyung started to say but all I can hear was shame from him.

"When it's just convenient. Of course— he's the one who punch that bully who always exclude you in PE. He got detention for that. It wasn't convenient for Jimin but he did it for you." I said. "When you were too stupid to fucking remember every color you see— he was the one who wrote it down for you and help you memorize it. I can't believe, you're selfish."

"Are you choosing that kid over us? What? You wanted to spend some time more with him? Is that why you wanted to do whatever it is that he'll tell us? Who's the one who's selfish now?" Taehyung gave me a quick look of disdain before looking away.

"It's not about him. It's about Jimin." I said.

"Have you listened to what he said awhile ago! He said it was okay. IT WAS ONLY YOU WHO WANT IT!!! FOR FUCK'S SAKE, MIKA!!! JUST LET IT GO!!!" Taehyung shouted and then it started again.

The whole nine yards of emotion inside of me. The anger at Taehyung. My pity for Jimin. My hatred at Jungkook for disturbing us. My fear of what could happened.