Chapter 8

Jimin was looking gaunt as he walked with us to school. He faked a sickness so his mother wouldn't asked why we had to pick him up and drive instead him driving for us.

Jungkook was by the gate with Yoongi. Immediately, Yoongi and Jungkook take turns in touching him and Jimin sprung back to life.

"Take this." Jungkook said as he gave him an ear plug. "So, it would still work even if I'm not around. I'll try to speak as often as possible."

"After class, I must do it again. We can't rely on Jungkook's gift for longer than eight hours. You'll develop resistance and then we'll be in deep fuck." Yoongi pursed his lips when Jimin appears to be quite positive.

"Thank you." Jimin said to the both of them.

We went our separate ways to our classes, we only met during lunch at our usual cafeteria spot. Instead of Jimin, Jungkook was there laughing with Taehyung.

"That's a first. You two always bicker with each other." I said as I sat down.

"Hyung, thought my intentions clashes with him so I clarified it for him." Jungkook smiled at me.

His teeth portruding as the corner of his eyes fold which made me smile. At least he's back to his usual cheery self. Although, his eyes still reflect a sleepless night.

"I bought you a sandwich." Taehyung said.

"Why? Where's Jimin?" I asked because it was always Jimin who buys us our lunch.

"He said he's gonna be late." Taehyung said. "I don't know where he went though. Do you know, kookie?"

Kookie? Since when did he started calling him kookie.

"Nope, this is one way, he hears my voice but I don't hear his. I don't want to invade someone's privacy. It's kinda confusing also when I can hear something on my plugs." Jungkook said. "But there's he is, it looks like we need a bigger table."

I don't know if Jimin was being bold or being stupid. He was laughing as he approached us with his arms around Sowon.

Was he not thinking of his health? Or is he too optimistic for his own good?

"Hi." Sowon greeted us. "We started going out. I hope you don't mind."

I do mind. I mind that my friend wasn't thinking and as soon as I saw Sowon reaching out to me, I grab Taehyung's fork and stab myself with it on the arm.

Only Jungkook found it funny.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Mika?" Taehyung said worriedly. "Good thing it didn't cut you."

It didn't but it hurt so bad. I should've sticked to pinching myself like Taehyung. I bet when Sowon touched me, she didn't taste whatever it is disappointment and shocked taste like.

Jungkook leaned on me and whisper something. "You're so quick on your feet. I want you to know, though, I'm here. I could've blocked her for you."

Of course, and now they are looking at me like a fucking maniac. "I stab myself with a fork whenever I'm sleepy." I said remembering what Taehyung's reason always was when he pinches himself.

Jungkook was still laughing at my action star movement. "I told her I bet for ten thousand won she wouldn't stab herself with a fork when she told me that her morning coffee didn't work." Jungkook saved me.