Prologue

What would you if one day you wake up to chaos?

Your wife of five years, her eyes trickling with tears looking at you with both disdain and anger. While you stare in confusion wondering what happened.

The next thing you knew, she was throwing all your clothes to the floor along with empty luggage and shouting for you to get out of the house.

That's what Jimin told us about his parents when the world changed and his mother suddenly began to smell different kinds of things. It was only when she saw her friend's husband with a girl she doesn't know that it becames clear what the strong scent of lilac means.

The same smell her husband reeks of.

It was a story that his aunt told him when he asked for his father. She said that although that was the case, it was only the tip of the iceberg. Relationship between someone who can easily detect emotion with someone who changes their physical attribute depending on the situation can take its toll in the long run.

His father becomes secretive then fed up with his mother's constant badgering whenever she smells something different from him. Her mother suddenly feeling superior of her new found ability.

"Jimin, find a girl who has the same gift as yours." His aunt would always say. "We didn't have a choice during our time."

It took a while before the civilians knew what was happening, Jimin's parents just got married when the symptoms began manifesting.

His father's eye would turn into light brown as sun hits it. His mother smell detection for emotion was still faint.

A few months after Jimin was born, people aged thirteen and above are required to register to each town's Rhodd Database if they have been suffering from symptoms that they can't explain.

The government's Rhodd project was disguised under the effects of global warming and that dangerous mutations are being experienced and so, information regarding the matter is pertinent for a solution. The government promise that those who will participate will get treated early.

People swarmed to be registered.

Fear of the unknown surpasses reason.

Feat of the unknown causes chaos.

It wasn't until five years after that the real purpose of the Rhodd Database was for. Identifying if there will be certain abilities that may be potentially dangerous and recruiting people for the government that could help its cause.

It was discovered by Douglas Brewer, a welsh physicist that suddenly he could see smoke among some people, mostly old person. It started with a faint grey smoke, he started stalking the people who has them only to find them in a casket a few days later.

Soon it was clear, he can see the physical conditions of a human body leading to death by those smoke. He immediately informed the US government which in that time was his employer and started the Rhodd Database among government employees.

That same system was deployed through the whole world.

His theory was that, there was a thin veil of magic protection for the lack of better word that disables the gift on earth. For some reason, it began to vanish over time.

When it vanished completely, the world government already has the Rhodd Database which becomes the Rhodd Registry.

The reaction of the whole world's population couldn't be more different. There's some who protested about it. Some who thinks it was only needed as no one has no idea on how far some of the gifts could do.