Chapter 17

Jungkook POV

"How far?" Namjoon immediately asked as soon as I told him what Mika observed.

"Near." I said. "But slow— probably by foot, they probably sensed Mika and Hobi. He's still emitting his gift right? I'm covering mine. I think one of them is a sensor that's why Mika thinks it's silent— the person's just blanketing everything and waiting for our gift to function like a radar."

"Cover us. Cover us quick." Yoongi immediately said. "We can't run. Not with Hobi's condition."

"How about Mika?" I asked.

"JUST DO IT!" Yoongi shouted as Namjoon turned off the lights of the villa from his control screen.

This is the drawback of my new found gift.

It's one thing to cover a person from using his gift or triggers. It's another thing to cover six persons including mine. Two of which is far from us.

Not to mention something I haven't practiced that much.

I can't walk.

I can't even shout to warn Mika.

"I— I can't cover Mika. I can't extend it. Pull Mika in or transfer Hobi—" I whispered with all my might.

"I'll go outside, I'll ask Mika to come in." Jin said. "We can't let her deal with the Rhodd Police alone, I hope to God they don't know this villa belongs to our family."

"We have a problem." Namjoon said as the CCTV camera shows the two person with a flashlight entering the gates drawing closer and closer to a frozen Mika. "We're too late."

I wanted to run. I wanted to save her but it means the five of us will expose ourselves.

Namjoon scrunched his brows and immediately took a folder from his file and then suddenly he was pulling his hair in frustration. "What the fuck?"

"What?" Jin said, "If you won't say anything, I'll grab Mika right now I don't care if there's still time."

"He's— he's Mika's father." Namjoon said as he showed a photo of a middle aged man from the folder. "What the fuck?! What is he doing here?"

"I'll grab Mika." Jin repeated.

"You can't. If he talks to you— we're dead." Namjoon said. "He's a fucking lie detector. If you go down, he'll ask you questions. You'll put the operation in jeopardy."

We all watch our nightmare unfold. Mika, for some reason wasn't moving. She was just looking inside the house, probably waiting for me. I did tell her to stay but I didn't know it will come to this.

"Maybe we could call her. Tell her about it." Yoongi said but the light was already hitting Mika's face. "Maybe Mika could control his father's gift. I'll go down."

"Not when she's frozen like that." Namjoon said as he looked at a bewildered Mika. "I think she knows. I think she recognized him awhile ago, maybe that's the reason she froze up."

"Shit." Yoongi gnawed his lips as we watch how the fear shows on Mika's face as her father goes ballistic.

"Oomph—" Jin said and he looked at me smirking. "Loverboy is here to save the day."

Taehyung was there. Taehyung was there to save Mika. I was thankful but somewhat uneasy. When Mika's father left. Taehyung and Mika had an altercation. I released my shield.