Chapter 14

I'll stop making this a two way point of view. I think it's hindering me from story telling 😂😂

Mika POV

Taehyung and I sat by the bench of the park we used to frequent when we were kids. Instead of us running around while Jimin nags us that our parents are going to be mad if we hurt ourselves. We are both sitting on a bench with Jimin nowhere to be found.

"Since when?" Taehyung asked me. I told him about the changes in my gift, that I seem to be able to control what he sees, and with the look he's giving me I think he knows why I am telling him.

"I don't know exactly—" I started.

"Usually, you have panic attacks— was it during that time?" He asks before I can explain.

"I don't know— I just noticed it— all of a sudden with you." I said.

"Just me?" Taehyung's sound was even more heart crushing.

I didn't answer him and he didn't asked any more questions. He was never this way, he was always inquisitive but right now he was trying not to. He was trying to glue each of the puzzle pieces and answer the question in his mind by himself.

"Tae—"

He shake his head. "You don't have to explain, Mika."

"I don't want you to be mad at me." I said. "I—"

"I kinda feel it was the case. I've known you for more than a decade. It's impossible to not notice it." Taehyung gave me a meek smile. "I was hoping I was wrong— more like I just don't want to accept it."

There was silence between us. A deafening silence. Even without Jungkook, his sound was so faint,as if he was trying not to show even a minute of his feelings to me.

"Does Jimin know?" Taehyung asked.

I shake my head and Taehyung gave me a weak smile. "Tell him. He'll be happy to know you're progressing."

Taehyung scratched his face with the back of his hand. "Wanna go home? Don't you have a stake out today?"

"Yoongi is doing it for me. I did a double shift a few days back." I said.

Taehyung rub my head. "I'll take you home. Rest, you have dark circles under your eyes."

"Are you sure you're not mad?" I asked and Taehyung nodded with a smile.

When we reached my house he meekly smiled and nudged me to go inside. I did, but I hid behind the gate and saw he was still there.

His car wasn't tinted so I could clearly see him crying. Shaking his head as he let his tears fall. It made me want to run outside and console him. Tell him that I do love him the way he wants me to.

Before I could stop it, my tears started to fall as well. If I don't have a gift, if Tae doesn't, we wouldn't be in this situation.

As the cold bars of our gate touched my skin, I couldn't bring myself to go outside. With Jungkook's voice ringing in my head on how I lied to him. It's better this way.

——

Jimin was sick the next day. Which means there's still uncomfortable silence between me and Tae. He wasn't trying to hide his sadness but I wish he was at least mad at me.