Chapter 9

Mika POV

Namjoon scribbled some words on the white board as Taehyung and I both sat on a desk.

Pain.

Needs.

Desires.

"I haven't taught any TL before but I tried to make this suited to your gifts." He said smiling and looking at us. Taehyung was checking his nails while Namjoon's nervous drums is at the background. "Yesterday, we discussed how our genes affect our gifts and how CFs are focused on either controlling or destroying human cells. Now, we will discuss the theory regarding TLs."

"Pain is the first one that manifest in every person. Regardless what your gift is, it's the first one you will sense. It's the main driver of the flight or fight nature in each one of us." Namjoon continued. "You should write this. That's why I've given you notebooks."

"Maybe if you're confident about what you're saying maybe we'll believe you." Taehyung said.

"Tae— just listen to him." I told him.

"You're bored, too." Taehyung said as he cupped his chin. "I can see it, you know."

"Should I call Jungkook again, Taehyung?" Namjoon said.

He is now mad and Taehyung knows, he opened his notebook and scribbled the words on the board.

"This is important as your physical training. If you don't understand how it all works it would be harder to train you physically." Namjoon said. "It's important for you to know this because if you want to know what the person wants, you can't inflict physical pain because it would block those desires."

I looked at Taehyung who was dodging me. "Needs are survival instincts. So if someone's hungry, thirsty or thinks his life is in danger, you cannot unearthed their desires."

This time, Taehyung is attentively listening then suddenly, a familiar tune began again.

I heard the piano and violin melody again, then when I looked at Taehyung he was staring at me. "Taehyung, the blackboard is in front." Namjoon said and then that sharp sound again as I saw Taehyung pinching himself.

"What is it this time?" Namjoon complained. "This is the last topic. Tomorrow, you'll be with Yoongi and good luck with that."

"Nothing." It was Taehyung who answered for the both of us.

Namjoon continued, teaching ways on how each TLs is capable of sensing all three emotions at the same time but only picks up based on the priority. He made some explanation with how the human bodies could segregate the triggers we are sensing instead of just the major ones based on theory.

On our way home, I asked Taehyung if we could drop by Jimin first instead of me. For some reason, he obliged.

"What's your training?" I asked Jimin who's on the back seat as he was getting off the car.

"Trying to concentrate and blur out triggers." Jimin said, "Mostly just zoning out techniques. It's actually working, it felt like shitting again when Jungkook's gift wore off before I could meet him again. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

As soon as Jimin left, the soft harmony went back again. "I know you can hear it, Mika."

"I just want to—"

"I like you. I realized it around high school. When you helped me saved that guy with a black aura. Eversince then I've been observing how your gift works." He said.