Chapter 15

Jungkook POV

All of us are laughing while Yoongi tries to stand. "That's good. Your gift works for CFs, too." He said while Hobi crossed his arms and look at him waiting for his explanation. "I don't know why it's you."

"Poor, Mika. Hobi has more sex appeal than you." I said but when I looked at her, instead of sporting her usual grumpy pouting face, she was blushing and refused to look at me.

"Time for the second experiment?" Jin said. "Let's do it with Mika first we could go out—"

"No. Jungkook. Then Mika."

"Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait." Mika finally objected. "I want to know first what this experiment is. Why do we need to do it?"

I looked at Namjoon, waiting for him to explain but he was looking at Jin and Yoongi alternately. When I looked back at Mika, I could see the fear in her eyes. The fear of the looming unknown that I know she doesn't deserve.

"We're not sure if we can keep our promise." I said and they all looked at me.

Mika's lips trembled, "About Jimin? We can't save him?"

"No— not that." Yoongi answered and even I'm surprised that he's apologetic. "You may need to join us during the break out."

She was relieved with what we said and sat down. "Why are you just telling me this now?"

"That's the original plan— well still the plan— the one with you sitting this out. We figured you and your friends wouldn't agree if your life is on the line. We planned to have Hobi mimic your gift — but he also needs to mimic Jungkook's and transfer it to me. Hobi and I were supposed to enter the facility." Yoongi continued.

"Let's try this now." Namjoon said. "Hobi— Jungkook first then Mika."

Hobi hesitantly move closer to touch me. It wasn't like when he touched Taehyung. With him it was quick. With me, he always takes his time. His eyes were shut and his hands were trembling.

Slowly, his palm left my arm.

"Is it okay now?" Yoongi asked. "Let's try—"

"Just don't kiss me again." Hobi said as he touched Yoongi.

The room was filled with Yoongi's scream and shriek.

This is normal for us, but for Mika. It was her first time seeing how Hobi's gift could hurt as well. She was about to intervene when Jin grabbed her arm. "It's okay, Mika. Don't worry."

"HOW CAN THAT BE OKAY??!!!" Mika shouted pointing at a screaming Yoongi clearly panicking.

Who wouldn't? Yoongi was trembling, his shouts was now reduced to grunting as Hobi concentrates deeply. "He's in pain— help him!"

"At low levels," Namjoon started to explain. "Hobi can easily transfer gifts. Jungkook's gift is advanced— Yoongi neurons is overloading but he already did this many times—"