Chapter 2

Mika POV

I put my earphones on and started to play songs. It's one of those days when I have to wait for Jimin and Taehyung. They chose to join the basketball team and since having to listen to different music of their teammate can be quite irritating, I decided to sit down under a tree where I'm at least a few hundred feet away from students as I eat some gummy bears.

I was falling asleep when suddenly, someone took one of my earphone out of my ear. "Jimin— quit it—" I said but when I opened my eyes, it wasn't Jimin. It was the transferee student listening to the music I was playing.

"All American Rejects. I'm more into ballads but they're cool." He said and I quickly took out the other piece out of my ear.

Instead of answering him, I closed my eyes. I missed living like this. Hearing the world without the music other people bring.

"So you hear emotions huh?" Jungkook said which made me open my eyes and look at him worriedly. "Just a hunch, you always have earphones and you're studying here. Does my emotion sound so good, you have to drop your music for me?"

There was a part of me who wanted to ask him, why— of all people that I've been with until now— that he's the only one who doesn't have a melody.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." He smiled sheepishly while I rolled my eyes at his obnoxious remarks.

"Mika." He quickly said. "It's Mika, right? I'm Jungkook."

"How did you know?" I pouted at him, but without him telling I had an idea—

"Your friends—  they always call you." Jungkook seems like he was trying to catch my attention but a bit aloof to talk to me. "Where are they? I'm guessing the taller one is your boyfriend."

"They're just my friends." I said and he keeps on thinkering his phone messaging someone. "Why are you here?"

"Huh? Uhmmm—" He looks at his phone again. "You're alone, I decided to be your company. Don't you want me here? You seem to enjoy my melody." His smirk was enticing and stirs something inside me.

"Mika!" Jimin shouted as they walked with Taehyung's arm on his shoulder.

"Finally. What took you guys so long?" I asked dusting off my pants. "Let's go."

Taehyung and Jimin just stood there looking at me and then I realized—

"Jungkook. The transferee." Jungkook said as he bow at Jimin and Taehyung. "See you later Mika."

"What's with that?!" Jimin said when Jungkook walked away. "Is he hitting on you? Have you asked him yet why you don't hear music? Taehyung. You can see his color right?"

"Yeah. Still yellow. Maybe this is a love kinda thing. You know if Mika's attracted to somebody, her gift tends to malfunction."

"He was just talking. You know I can't ask him— it's like asking him if he's circumsized or something." I said as we walked towards the gate. "He's kinda smart."

"How can you tell?" Jimin sounded like a bee with his worried undertone.

I looked around and saw Jungkook talking to his phone, no matter how hard I tried to force the music out of him.

There was nothing. But as soon as he left me, it was a whole symphony orchestra again. I shake my head.

"He just sound like it." I answered Jimin. "Why are you pinching yourself." I asked Taehyung as I heard a high pitched sound signifying pain.