Familiar (Family)

"Good morning, babies!" I say in a gooey voice. Luckily enough they both respond to my voice. Of course that as my heart melts.

I instantly pick Luna up, since she is the most awake, despite her looking very confused of her surroundings. I'll never get over her cuteness. She looks scared 50% of the time, the other 50% is her looking genuinely weirded out or disgusted.

Lynx on the other hand is one chill dude. I adore him just as much as her, although he seems to latch onto Dan more than me. However, I'm pretty sure Luna hates both me and Dan. The only thing that I've established is that she likes lights though. I don't think Dan knows that she likes the light. So whenever my baby sees me I always put the lights on...just so she can love me more. Is that weird that I'm jealous of Dan's relationship with them?

"How is Luna today, huh? How is she." I say in a happy voice while she just...stares at me. I think I'm just some crazy Italian girl to her. Either that or she remembers what the hole she came out of looks like. Yikes.

I would be traumatised too.

"I think you're hungry. Are you hungry? Huh?" Once again she doesn't reply. And her not replying tickles me. It's not the fact that I'm trying to make conversation with my baby that is funny. The funny thing is that I'm aware she can't understand me...but still I try.

"Let's get Luna and Lynx some drinky, yeah?" I say whilst kissing her forehead repeatedly. I just love her so much. Honestly. I know I shouldn't baby them...but like...they're are newborn babies. What am I meant to do? Ignore them? Fuck that. They need their mamma's affection and undying love, right?

They need me.

"Good morning." Dan yawns as he crosses his arms over his shirtless upper body. It's the first time in a long time that I've seen him walk around without one on. Normally it's in bed covered in sheets, either that or I'm always the one taking it off. I mean it's a fair deal. He takes mine off and I take his off.

"Hello Looney" Dan whispers softly before he walks over and kisses Luna's head after picking up Lynx. Oddly enough she doesn't look scared. I guess she can see Dan for starters since he is right in her face, either that or she is more of a daddies girl. I probably look like a blur to her since I'm not right up close to her face.

I'm way too busy trying to stir the baby formulas with one hand at the moment. Dan can give them two all the attention in the world...at least until I finish making the bottles. I stir the formula first and then shake it afterwards, which Dan looks at me as if I'm mental every single time. I'm not. It's only because I read somewhere online that it sometimes can clump together in the microwave.

"Don't call her that." I almost snap while Dan brushes his finger against Luna's cheek. She's not a fucking dog. Lynx on the other hand is trying his hardest to move around in Dan's arms.

"She is a bit of a lunatic though. And this one is too, What babies don't cry, huh? They're fellow weirdo's. Aren't you, darling?" Dan says in a sarcastically patronising voice.

I shake my head while Dan puts his free arm around me. He then starts to gently kiss my neck. Oh god. What he gotten into him? "We can't...you know...for another six weeks, I think?" The doctor said that it depends on when I feel physically ready. That and when the hunger games in my panties stops.

"We can't what?" I almost sigh.

Dan was out of the room when the nurse gave me a background check, as well as much needed advice about my physical life after having babies. Apparently, while helping the new mothers pee and shower, the midwife is obliged to ask several questions about home life first. It's this new protocol thing.