Father Of The Year

Once out of the bath I get changed and give my hair a quick blow dry. While a few strands are still wet, it won't cause much harm than it would've if it was all wet. Especially in this weather when the cold seeps into your bones. I can't afford to be ill, I wouldn't want Luna or Lynx picking anything nasty up.

Their immune system aren't strong enough yet.

After I put on my nightdress I tiptoe into mine and Dan's room, only to stop in the doorway, as I watch Dan playing with them in the middle of our bed. First, tickles her and pulls funny faces, then Dan kisses him sweetly on the cheek before he starts to sing randomly.

Dan truly is the father of the year.

It's not even a cliché song he sings either. Not Sleepsong or Oblivion. It's not even a Bastille song. "Cause your my sunflowers" aw...he even adds a 's' onto sunflower.

So many teenage girls would dream of listening to this. And I'm getting to witness it for free...every single night.

I don't dare interrupt. I just listen and look at the way he lovingly looks at our children. He adores them as much as I do. We're so lucky to have Luna and Lynx.

I still can't believe at first me and Dan both was freaking out. If only nine months ago would we know how much joy they would bring.

It's safe to say that Lynx and Luna are the best things to happen to us ever.

It's true that nine months ago me and Dan was screaming the house down. We shed tears, said some awful things...but then the realisation hit us at my first scan. That little bean on the screen...that was growing in my stomach...it was a baby. Our baby. Then on the the other scan we found out that they was twins. It just kept getting better.

We knew straight away that our lives was going to change forever for the better.

There was no tears or angry screams after that appointment. Without saying anything we somehow grew up and start acting our ages for once. Dan kept alcohol consumption and partying to a bare minimum. I went back to Italy to focus on my growing family and started a mamma blog. After that that leg of the tour Dan then picked me up, and we went back to Britain. We had the babies here...like the original plan.

Because of Dan's fans wanting to know all of the juicy information...they pay to read my blog. I don't like the fact that they have to pay...but at least they know that I don't. One fan even gave me their old website address, that was sweet. But Dan is paying one of his mates to make me a website of my own, so I'm still waiting for that.

Life has been that way since, I guess? It's nice. I like staying at home and basically doing nothing. Dan doesn't mind either, although he wants me to get friends of my own...but I don't want that.

I have my best friends besides me. Well I'm either holding them, or FaceTiming him when he is away. I guess that's the shitty part of staying at home and doing nothing...waiting for them to get older or either waiting for him to come home.

There's no in between

Dan stops singing as he kisses Luna, this time, on the forehead before smiling. "I know you don't wanna go to bed." He whispers with a smile brushing her cheek while she looks upwards. He then does the same to Lynx.

"But you're both gonna have too." He deserves the father of the year award. I'm not just saying that because I'm biased either, he's so gentle and sweet.

"Or we can stay awake for a little while longer?" Dan literally jumps out of his skin, which disturbs the kids.

Dan then nervously laughs, he's probably embarrassed by my spying skills. "H-how long have you been standing there?" I put my hands on my hips and shrug.

"Since your cover of that Spider-Boy song." With that Dan lays back on the bed, with his head besides their heads.

"Don't look like that" — I add while Dan looks totally embarrassed — "it was cute. I think they agree with me." Luna literally has her hand resting on Dan's nose. I smile at Lynx who looks at me with his adorably large big blue eyes.

Dan smiles. He doesn't remove it or anything. "I got a unexpected text while you was getting ready for bed..." his voice trails off. He doesn't look happy which makes me anxious.

"What was it about?" I ask sitting down on the bed next to them.

"They've changed the date of Doom Days. I have to go on the radio tomorrow night...I have to release 4am. Then go on the extended Avoiding Tomorrow tour." My eyes widen to their full extent in shock.

"You should be on fucking paternity leave!"

"I can't...ditch...Bastille. Not now they want to release the album sooner." It's bad enough Dan preparing for another marathon...but going on tour when he should be bonding with our babies and helping me.

"Sooner? But babe, what about what we planned. You know, getting their passports. We're meant to go back home and show our kids off to my family." I don't fit in here...or England in general. Some days I just want to go to back to Italy.

I want my daughter and son to have half of the Italian  accent. That stuff is apart of them.

"Fuck." Dan whispers before lightly taking Luna's arm off of his face.

"There's no way I can delay it." This album feels like Dan has no control of whatsoever. This is the record labels album and not Bastille's.

"I'm sorry." Dan mumbles as I fight back the tears.

"It's fine." I whisper looking away while the only sound is Lynx. He sounds like he is struggling, but me and Dan know he makes that sound for attention.

Dan then continues to quietly play with Luna and Lynx while I painfully lay down. My back always plays up at this time of night...it hurts like a bitch.

What hurts more is that the stupid record label is depriving my own husband from his family!

It's fucking disgusting.