A Few Seconds of Normality

"No..." my voice trails off while Lynx decides to push the blanket off of his body.

"Oh my god." I try not to laugh at his stubbornness.

"Yes." He adorably laughs

"No" I say as again while he nods his head. He's alarmist as stubborn as Dan is.

"See Luna please." I shake my head with a smile.

"Nope. Luna is sleeping, you need some sleep too." He loves his sister more than anything in whole wide world. It's sweet and I idolise their brother/sister relationship.

"Natty and Nate?" He asks while I throw back my eyes.

"They are sleeping." He knows basic sentences and names. Unlike Luna he is a fast learner.

"Um...er...babas...babies?" Well he doesn't know all names yet.

"Alex and Avery are asleep, baby." With that he then sighs while I put the covers over him.

I'm kind of nervous since this is the first time I'm allowing Luna and Lynx with covers. I know that I won't get much sleep, I worry about them too much and I know I shouldn't. I just don't want them suffocating, that's all.

"No..." he says with tears in his eyes but I nod my head.

"Be a big boy now Lynx. Come on...you're the oldest. Be a good boy." Lynx grows as I put the covers over him.

"I love you so much." I whisper as I lean over the safety bar of his small bed and kiss him on the cheek multiple times as he squeals in laughter.

"Shhhh." I stroke his his cheek trying to quiet him down a little so he doesn't wake anyone else up.

"No go." He almost begs while I close my eyes.

"I'll see you in the morning. When the world getting sunny. I'll be right here." I kiss him on the cheek again before walking away. Thankfully he doesn't cry or anything. I should probably ask Dan to read him a story or something?

As I go downstairs I stop walking when I hear...someone sobbing. Please don't be Dan. Please don't be-

"Ari?" I say while he looks up from slouching on the kitchen counter.

"Dude, what's wrong?" I quickly walk down the stairs to see him shaking his head.

"I've fuck up big fucking time, Mia, and I can't do it. I can't do this." What is he talking about? I don't understand a word what he is saying.

"Breathe..." I say whilst trying to calm him down. He's in such a mess right now.

Dan, who is the last person I want to see right now, then wonders into the kitchen looking rather concerned for Ari. "Are you alright, mate?" He supportively asks while standing opposite me.

"Dan you should get what you want and leave us alone...please." I whisper the last part as Dan nods his head awkwardly. I don't mean to be a bitch, I'm just concerned about my nephew right now. I've never seen him this way before, he seems physically hurt.

"No. No...I need to talk to you." Ari looks at Dan and nods his head.

Dan on the other hand looks confused. "I'll go and...check on...yeah..." I awkwardly say while I point upstairs. So I quickly run up the stairs and hide behind the corner, well...I sit on the floor.

For a few seconds they say nothing, but then Ari bursts out crying. He completely looses all manliness. "Mate, what's going on?" Dan almost whispers.

"Holly's pregnant!" Ari cries while I put my hand over my mouth in shock. I mean I'm over the moon.

"Oh wow..." Dan doesn't know what to do or say.

"I was about to propose to her and...she told me that we're having a kid. And I don't want to be a dad...I never have. I mean look at me man, I'm a fucking night owl." I mean that's probably the most biased thing he has ever said about himself, but I guess there's honesty in that.

"H-how...did you face up to the fact..." I'm surprise that he has been careful up until now with contraception. I would've thought he'd have twenty kids by now.

"I didn't..." Dan says, but with a smile in his voice.

"Don't tell Mia, but I was scared the entire time. To this day I'm still nervous. I don't know how to be a dad...I never have and I'm not sure even the best dad's know what they're doing." I didn't know that...at all.

"But I'm not dad material..."

"Armani. Two years ago I was just about to release my third album. I went from taking shit...and drinking...and wasting away the weekend with good memories...to being a dad. I know how you feel feel. We're dad material. Even if it doesn't feel like it now. Once you look at your son or daughter...feel their kicks...mate you'll be proud." I close my eyes and take in everything Dan is saying.

If only I wasn't so selfish and actually talk to Dan about his feelings on the baby. I just presumed he wanted them from day one.

"What am I going to tell my dad?" He whispers while I roll my eyes backwards. Gi expects grandkids of his own.

"Where will we even live. Like...I live with you guys and Holly lives with her aunt still." I'm not saying Ari is a freeloader, but he doesn't exactly have a job.

"Me and Mia...we're getting divorced. But that's okay and shit like this happens all the time. It won't happen to you and Holly. I'm sure you can take the spare room...make it into a nursery. Mia will need the company."

I shouldn't of fucked Chris.

"Dan no man, please. You're the only guy I can talk to in confidence. Please work around your issues." Ari begs. I can imagine Dan slightly shaking his head while I feel myself crying...

"We can't mate. What's done is...done."

This is all my fault.