Family At Last!

Ten Months Later...

"Mamma" Lynx says pointing at the Disney film which is on the tele. I don't know which one it is since my brain is nothing but a blur lately, but I guess by the quality it's a newer one?

"I'm watching...I'm watching..." I say happily while I put the sock bag on my lap and start to pull them out so I can match them up easier.

"Mmm" Luna tries copying her brother. The last time I took her to an appointment, the children's paediatrician suggested that Luna might have a speech problem. But she didn't say what though.

Everyone has been trying to get her to talk! Even Holly. But nothing seems to be working, although Luna is patiently trying to talk.

"Good girl." I say in a patronising voice as she looks at me clueless. She doesn't understand anything I say, either of my oldest two.

The babies, Natalia and Nate, are more troublesome than Luna and Lynx have ever been. They're constantly screaming or crying. The other day Lynx was so fed up of their shit that he literally shook his head looking at them in disgust...

He's just turned one.

I cannot say that I don't love my kids weirdness, because I do. "What are you smiling about." I say in a gooey voice as I stroke Luna on the cheek. Both her and Lynx sits besides me. Only that they can't really sit up straight yet...so I kinda make a pillow fort around them.

"Mamma" Lynx repeats again at least twenty times.

Mamma has been woven into his baby babble, and so has dada.

"Mamma." He repeats again before doing a weird laugh. He isn't doing either of these things while looking directly at me. So I guess he's just happy.

"And how are you guys doing..." my voice trails off as I look besides sofa and at the small portable crib. Natty and Nate are literally hugging each other. They're both awake though, which is good for all of our night sleeps.

"You're way too quiet and still, what are you two conspiring..." I whisper under my breath with a smile while removing a blanket from off of them. They're a little too warm for my liking.

Natty goes to cry, since her face shrivels up and she sniffs. But I quickly stroke her cheek gently, while looking over my shoulder to make sure no one has fallen off of the sofa.

I can never be too careful with this lot. They have minds of their own...

Thankfully Dan comes into the room with a smile planted on his face.

"Doom Days is number one again." I feel my eyes widen again while he sits next to me on the arm rest of the sofa.

"I mean...we need to celebrate! We should do something. This is huge. You've topped the charts for two months straight." Me and Dan have been trying so hard to make us work...and I think it's ever so slowly starting to pay off.

We don't really argue anymore, and Dan knows if he is in a shitty mood to just shut up. I guess there's a few more lessons that we need to learn, but we've got room to grow.

"Nah. Getting bored of celebrating. The boys want us to go to the studio though, they have an idea about something and-" Dan gets cut off by Lynx shouting 'dada' over the top of him.

"Aw...hey mate...you alright?" Lynx looks at Dan then the tele. I have to look at what they're looking at and I see...the controller on the floor and an old program I recorded of Bastille is on. Fuck the Disney movie.

"Well that is well embarr...wait...the fuck was I doing?" Dan mumbles under his breath as he watches himself on the tele. I roll my eyes and continue to pair the socks together.

Dan then look into Natty and Nate's crib and makes an 'aw' voice. "Weird enough to think that these was flipping each other off in the womb." With that I burst out laughing. It's true. Dan has got a point.

We have a dozen scan photos. Natty and Nate was holding their middle fingers up unintentionally, it was funny and mildly embarrassing. "They're proper hugging." Dan says as he picks Natty up.

"Hello darling" — he says in a light voice while kissing her tiny forehead — "why do you look so pissed off?" I roll my eyes back.

At this stage we're not even going to bother trying not to swear. We will do when they're at the tedious age of them picking up stuff.

"Maybe it's because this big scary guy decided to pick her up...while she was enjoying being close to her big brother?" They was comfortable and it was sweet. Nate looks sort of distressed without her.

"Shit!" I shout as I look back at Luna and Lynx. I then push Luna backwards, since she was near the edge.

"Maternal instincts or what?" Dan laughs while I nod my head while putting the bag on the floor before picking them both up and holding them.

Dan then sits besides me holding Natty, and Nate.

"Ahh" Luna laughs while trying to wrestle her brother. Both of them both burst out laughing.

"You're so weird." I laugh looking at them both.

"And these are boringly cute." Dan laughs while Natty and Nate lay against one another in a light sleep.

That's when I rest my head on Dan's shoulder while he tilts his head so it's against mine. In the end of what we've been through...this is the only real thing that matters. Our little family.