Keep On Jogging

"Where are you going?" Dan asks while I spray some perfume. I know I shouldn't because I'm going to smell like a complete stranger and they're is going to hate that...but I want to do things normally. But with twins.

I wonder how many other mothers have thought that?

They probably failed and become someone who couldn't care less about their appearance. I don't want that. But the struggle is real. I need to slap myself out of this comatose state.

"I'm leaving the nest for the first time since Luna and Lynx arrived...or whatever the saying is" — Dan cracks a smile — "I think it'll be good. Plus, I want to show them the birds at Hyde Park." There's a certain type of bird which dominates Hyde Park but I always forget which bird it is. A strangely exotic one.

On our first date Dan told me stories about how the exotic birds got there. We sat under a weeping willow tree...it was pretty romantic. He said that a little old lonely lady bred exotic birds, but one day they escaped her apartment. Over the years they've adapted to the climate and inhabit London's biggest park.

"Mind if I tag along then? I was going to go out for a run before meeting the guys for the radio show." I shrug my shoulders back.

"Sure, whatever you want. Just get changed real quick." I know our walk will probably be cut short, so I want to make the most out of it while I can.

~ • ~ O ~ •~

"How are to so fast?" Dan laughs at my pain while he slowly jogs besides me. I feel like we're barely moving, but my back says other. Everything hurts and I want to sit down. But I also don't want to look pregnant anymore...no one said loosing weight would be this hard.

In the movies within a two days their bodies go back to being normal. I still look, and very much feel, about seven months pregnant. "How are are you?" Dan asks as he looks concerned. Maybe he realises just how pale and ill I look. Because I sure as hell feel it.

"Fine." I say with a false smile while I keep pushing on.

"How about you?" To be honest walking besides someone who is constantly moving up and down is really annoying.

"I think I'm doing okay." Dan looks at his Fitbit watch. I brought him that for Christmas, I knew he was going to take up running again. I saw an Bastille interview last November, he said that he wanted to run in the London marathon but no one thought anything of it at the time. Dan did run in it, and I couldn't of been more proud. I thought it was going to be a one time thing considering Dan changes his mind like the weather.

But now he's running in a half marathon, for the same cause of course.

"I was thinking that we can go and have brunch after this? There's a new place that just opened up and-" before Dan can continue two teenage girls cut us off. I knew they was walking super close behind us but I didn't want to say anything.

"Dan?" One of them says while Dan immediately stops jogging.

One of the teenage girls has pastel pink hair, the other one has black hair. The one with pastel hair wears only pink and white and the other one wears only black and grey. It's a little amusing.

"Hey..." Dan looks at me weirded out, while I stop walking. I keep my head down like I've done a thousand times before. Dan encounters in public are always a little tedious. Lately we've been getting spotted in public a little bit more. I think it's because of Happier.

I mean of course it's because of Happier. It's basically the new Pompeii.

"Oh my god." The emo begins to hyperventilate while Dan just stands there looking awkward and unenthusiastic.