Runner

Cierra ran through the streets of Las Palmas, after fleeing Mexico City she and Delgado and found themselves in the ocean view area. Cierra eventually found herself by  the beach, looking towards the water, she saw Delgado sitting at the edge, his knees tucked to his chest. Cierra looked behind her to make sure no one was following her before she let her guard down moving to her brother's side. She settled down in the sand, the salty ocean breeze blowing in her face. "So," She said, "what now?" Delgado was silent, staring ahead at the horizon. "I don't know," he replied after five minutes. Cierra set her eyes on the horizon, the sun was rising. The beginning to a another day on the run. As the sun passed over the brother and sister duo, their brown and amber eyes gleamed with fire, as the sun made its way to its place in the sky, smoke wisped from the brother and sister before the smoky wisps turned to a light fire. Both remained unflinching. The fire didn't burn them, it embraced them. Delgado heard the demonic voices whispering to him, as did his sister.
"El Loco, El Muerte."

Gotham City 12:00 AM

Harley Quinn sat in the booth rocking her newborn daughter gently. She looked around nervously, where are they? They said they would be here by twelve, she thought. Her sapphire gaze suddenly caught a familiar face in the club and she smiled, watching as they were escorted to the booth. Ethan entered, the squad in tow, her son wore a crown atop his head, the very same that had once belonged to his late twin sister. Harley's heart broke a bit each time she saw her son.  He was a reminder of the one twin she had lost.
"Mother." Ethan greeted stepping aside to allow the Suicide Squad in. Harley smiled kindly at her friends, but soon frowned seeing the looks on their faces. Loss. Despair. Oh no. Harley frowned, Deadshot was first to speak. "Somethings happened, Harley. Something bad." Harley pulled her newborn close to her before she looked to Ethan, "Ethan, can you take Ecco for a minute?" She asked. Ethan smiled nodding, "Of course, Mother." He gently took the child from her mother and instantly began cooing over her. Harley turned to the squad, "What happened?" Deadshot sighed, "My son, Josh- he's been taken. But it's not just him, dollface. It's everyone's heirs." Harley held her breath, "What are you implying?" Floyd Lawton stood, towering over the Queen of Gotham, a stern but sympathetic look on his face, "Is it possible that Brianna-" Ethan growled stepping forward. "No." He said coldly, his voice cracking, "My sister is dead. I watched her fall into that vat of chemicals. She's gone. And she's never coming back." Floyd looked at Harley, his eyes stern- "You and J survived the chemicals. Is not that far of a stretch to say that she survived too?" Harley held her breath, being silent for what seemed like an eternity. Ethan looked at his mother worriedly, "Mom?" Harley shook her head. "No," she whispered, "If my daughter was alive she would've come home. She would never leave us." Floyd opened his mouth to say something before Poison Ivy burst in alongside Two Face, Harley stood immediately, "Red? Harvey? What's goin' on?" Ivy was seething, "Someone's taken Ginger! She's been missing for over a month now! That's long enough to put out a search warrant!" Harley sighed, "Red- I wish I could help. But J's not here. He's at an Injustice League conference in Metropolis. And I'm clearly in no place to be making orders. Which is why Ethan is taking care of things like that." Ethan smiles kindly at Ivy giving a soft bow with Ecco in his arms. Ivy sneered, "I want my heiress back, and I will go to any lengths necessary!" She stormed out and Two Face sighed, "My condolences to you Harley, it's not easy losing a child. But please, consider helping her. I've never seen her so upset." Harley remained silent, her head in her hands. Ethan saw this as a notion to leave her, "Alright- everyone out. If you must talk again please return tomorrow or make an appointment with myself or my father. Have a nice night!" He rushed the criminals out before closing the door, turning back to his mother. "Mom? Are- are you okay?" His mother dint answer. Ecco cooed in her older brother's arms, reaching out for her mother. "Mama?"

Ethan sighed setting Ecco down on one of the booth seats before sitting beside his mother, "It's okay." He said, unsure of his own words. His mother heaved a sigh, he watched as she lifted her face rom her hands, mascara was streaming down her face, which had begun to turn red from her hot tears. Ethan sighed, leaning over to embrace his mother. As his arms wrapped around her, her sobs became louder, "I didn't even think of that! Oh god! She could've been alive and we left her there!" Ethan hushed her, "Mom it's okay. If Brianna were alive she would've found a way out and she would have come home. She didn't." He held back a sob, "She's gone mom. Brianna is dead. We have to accept that." His mother heaved a sob, "I should have noticed something was wrong. I should've known. I never should've let you go that night." Ethan smiled sadly, "It wasn't your fault. You didn't pus-" he stopped mid sentence, his eyes widening. "He's going to kill me, Ethan!"  He shuddered remembering his sister's words. Then it clicked. Ethan stood up in seconds. "She didn't fall..." he murmured. His mother's eyes widened, "What? What are you saying?!" Ethan stormed out of the room, "Ethan! Ethan Jay Quinzel! You get back here!" Ethan ignored his mother's calls and stormed into the club, his eyes scanning the room, where was he? His eyes fell on the man he wanted to see- "Frost!" He yelled, Johnny Frost pushed through to him immediately, "Sir?" Ethan's glared was ice cold and cruel, sending chills down the man's spine. "I want the tapes from the night my sister died. Now."