The Escape

Jack sat on the bed beside his partner, both their eyes on the printouts of the files and plane tickets. "Do you want to see if Ginger will join us?" Brianna murmured. Jack shook his head. "No. If the three of us disappear it's more suspicious. Your bomb is already deactivated. You can leave whenever you like." Brianna held her breath as realization dawned her. "Your trapped. Your nanite- it's still activated." He nodded. "I'll get you as far as I can. But from there your on your own." Brianna shook her head, "I can't just leave you here." Jack smirked and tilted her chin up with his forefinger. "You won't. Not for long at least. You have enough time to get out and get help." She shook her head. "Jack- they all think I'm dead. It's been so long..." Jack sighed, "Just try. Please." Brianna sighed, resting her head on his shoulder. "It's not going to be easy." Jack nodded, "Of course it won't be." Brianna glances up at him. "So how we gonna do it?" She asked, Jack gave her a wicked grin, "Simple. When we go out looking for El Loco and El Muerte tomorrow, purposely run ahead and start something. Then disappear in the midst of the fight. Leave the rest to me and Ginger." Brianna huffed, "You make it sound so easy." Jack smirked, "Believe me Princess, it will be."

Delgado held up the set of binoculars he'd had Cierra pick up at the store earlier that day. He eyed the hotel where the squad was staying. "Delgado?"
He turned to see Cierra looking at him helplessly. He sighed lowering the binoculars, "What is it, Cierra?" His sister walked over at sat beside him. "I'm scared." Delgado nodded, "Both of us have been. For a while now. But we have to be brave. Dad wouldn't have wanted us to cower and be afraid. He would have wanted us to be strong. We need to fight to be free." Cierra nodded, twiddling her fingers, a nervous tick she'd had since childhood. "I know... I understand- but, I- I just-" she looked panicked. Delgado sighed and set the binoculars down and walked over, sitting her down on a rickety old chair that was set back in the corner of the room. "Cierra." Cierra looked up at him through year filled amber eyes. "I don't want to run anymore." She cried. "I want things to be normal!" Delgado frowned, "We don't get normal, Cierra. We are far from normal. But I promise you- once we get enough money- we will get out of this country and over the border to Canada and hightail it to Europe." Cierra sniffed, "I don't want to fight. Why can't they just leave us alone? We don't have a criminal record other than trying to defend ourselves!" Delgado sighed casting his gaze outside towards the squads hotel. "Defending ourselves is exactly what got us into this mess, Cierra. And now, we have to get ourselves out of it."

Brianna stared out of the hotel room window. The lights of Mexico City flickered below her as her mind rushed. The voices in her head were ablaze, whispering things of her past, and what could become of her if she were to carry out the plan with Jack and Ginger the next day. Brianna was sure the plan would either fail or go horribly wrong in some sort of way. She trusted Jack- to an extent, but she couldn't stand by when she knew his master plan was going to get them all killed. Slipping out of the bed, careful not to wake her partner, she slowly slipped on her boots, tossing a satchel that she had bought from a shop on the promenade over her shoulder. Pocketing her mask, bullets, and pistol, she silently left the hotel room, making her escape. She had stolen Jack's watch and walked towards an open window. Looking around and seeing the coast was clear, she set a thirty minute timer on the watch. Thirty minutes. She has thirty minutes, to get out and get back. And she knew very well what she was going to do.

Delgado paced the roof of the abandoned building he and Cierra were currently calling home.
"Mr. Santana." He whirled around to see a raven haired girl behind him, dressed in jeans, combat boots and a tight corset, accompanied by a satchel at her hip. Delgado tensed ready for a fight, "What do you want?" He growled. The girl smiled walking over. "We met earlier," she started extending a hand once she was about a foot or two in front of him, "Ace Quinn," she introduced herself, "And I know a way we can both get what we want. Exactly what we want."