Trains

The next morning I woke up with a slight headache from overthinking things last night. What the hell.

I eventually dragged myself out of bed and got into the shower, letting the cool water run against my skin as I breathed in, and back out. I finished washing myself off and got out and got ready for school. I used a heating quirk to dry my long hair and tied it into a pony tail, and I did my makeup and pulled my bandaging on and my uniform, being sure to tie the tie properly. 

Once I pulled the black socks over my white bandaging, I grabbed my backpack and headed to the kitchen to find Nemuri waiting for me.

"Have you decided what you're going to do?" she asked, raising an eyebrow as she stirred a pot of ramen (which she would never admit it, but it was the only thing she could make).

"I'm not going to do anything," I responded, picking up an apple and a knife, cutting into the fruit and eating it in small chunks to avoid getting my black lipstick on it. "I'm sure he didn't mean it and he probably likes someone in his own class. Even if he doesn't, he'll get over me."

"Well, this is your only shot to get over Monoma you know," Nemuri stated, turning the ramen off.

"I am over him though," I lied through my teeth.

"Then can we replace your chipped mask?" Nemuri asked, raising her eyebrow.

I didn't respond and she sighed.

"Exactly," she said, getting a bowl from the cabinet. "Lying to yourself only makes things worse dear."

"But if I do it enough, it'll eventually become the truth," I stated bitterly. "And besides, I have no idea how to interact with people. I'll mess something up if I let Hitoshi date me and it would be weird. I basically consider him my brother, I only blushed because he stole my first kiss and I didn't know how to respond."

"Alright then dear, just be careful not to hurt him, okay?" Nemuri chided gently. "You'll regret losing him as a friend."

"I won't," I responded, shrugging my bag on as I got ready to leave for school. "I'll walk, there's still enough time."

"Alright, be safe," she responded, worriedly. "Don't hesitate to use any quirk you need to in order to defend yourself, I won't forgive myself if you're captured again."

"Alright, see you at school," I replied, walking out the door and pulling out my phone to see that we still had a good hour and a half until we needed to be at school and it was a pretty quick walk.

Until there was a tap on my shoulder. Immediately, without hesitating, I used Todoroki's quirk to freeze the person in place and Cementos's quirk to cement them to the ground. I turned around to see who it was and nearly groaned in frustration.

"T-that's... c-c-cold goth," Monoma shivered, trying to keep his teeth from chattering. "D-do you m-m-mind?"

"Yeah, I do," I responded as I started to walk off.

"Come on! I have to get to school too you know!" he shouted out so I could hear him.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked, narrowing my gaze fractionally as I turned over my shoulder and he flinched from the look I gave him. 

"Y-yeah," he replied, still shivering from the ice. "Look, I-I'm really, r-r-really sorry about what I s-s-said at the sports f-f-festival, okay? You're n-not just another 1A s-s-student to me, you're my f-fr-friend, or at least I really w-w-want you to be. I'll try to g-get better, I s-swear."

I sighed and used the heating quirk I had used on my hair earlier and melted the ice, as well as made the cement damp again so he could step out of it.