Work Studies

I had passed the provisional licensing exams, as expected apparently by the Big Three, who kept in contact with me after the day in the hospital when I had finally woken up, but Lilith hadn't been able to activate during that.

I don't know why, but she's gone AWOL ever since I had gotten up from our coma and despite my efforts to activate her, I couldn't ever do more than summon her wings, claws, and fangs. My eyes didn't even flash to hers when I got angry, which in turn just made it worse. 

Neito and I hadn't had the time to talk about what- well, what we had spoken about in the hospital room, and he didn't approach me or anything and it was probably because of how stressed I was getting, as I was never really at school anymore and he probably didn't want to text me in case I ended up snapping like I was getting close to doing.

It was the third week of my internship with the hero named Nighteye, and when he offered to shake my hand originally, I had impressed him by activating a nullification quirk so he wouldn't be able to read into my future. 

"So you studied," he had commented, amused.

"Well, of course, I did," I had responded. "You were my second favorite hero as a young kid, and I was curious as to why someone of your caliber had decided to take me on as a work-study. You wanted to see if your quirk would work on me."

"How amusing," he said, letting out a chuckle. "It's unfortunate that you won't allow that to happen, but I swear, one day I will test my hypothesis."

"Which would be what?" I had asked, raising an eyebrow. "Lilith isn't responding to me and I can barely feel her presence, so if you see something related to her, be sure to let me know."

"You are a funny one," he had laughed. "Who would have thought that a quirk could disobey you?"

"Well, all I know that mine is now," I shrugged. "I wonder if you would let me see your quirk in use, so I could use it in the future."

"We'll see," he had laughed again. "Welcome to my agency. I will let you know what days you need to come in but other than that, you're free to do as you please."

"I don't need anyone telling me that I can do what I want, I already know I can," I scoffed, crossing my arms.

This was apparently also amusing to him, as he laughed again and stamped my paper, welcoming me once more.

Today, Izuku was also signing up for his agency, but honestly, I doubt that Izuku can be what Nighteye considers funny. Like I'm sarcastic, Togata is energetic and goofy, but the only way that Izuku would be able to impress Nighteye would be his love for Allmight, which is able to rival Nighteye's or even surpass his.

Although that's hard to imagine.

I'm on patrol right now, working alone, because Togata had a test to redo and Nighteye called me instead, and Izuku's supposed to come in after school. 

This is annoying, I thought to myself as I shifted the mask that I had finally replaced, changing the swirling blue design for one with black roses with white outlines. 

What am I even doing here? This isn't helping to get Lilith to talk to me or work or anything, this isn't helping me improve, and in general, the only thing I've been able to stop is a few small-time criminals and thieves, nothing that a police officer couldn't do. I had done all of my homework and earlier in the week because Nighteye had warned me that he was calling me in every day as he did the paperwork, to tell me to patrol for him.

He's honestly just using me, I thought, sighing internally as I felt the frustration building up in my chest, and tried to control the urge to scream and rip my hair out with both hands.