Internships: Day 2

The next morning, Natsuo woke me up with a light tap on the door and a stuttered explanation that we were going to go travelling to Hosu, a city with a high crime rate and criminal activity. I had nodded and closed the door so I could get dressed into my hero costume, which we were apparently required to wear for this even though it was probably just to embarrass us.

I finished tugging everything on, making sure that the blades concealed against my skin were actually concealed, and grabbed my boots and walked out of the room. As I continued down the hall and stairs, my mind starts to wander.

I wonder what Monoma is doing right now. Is he still mad at me? Why exactly would he care if I was at some asshole's hero agency for an internship if I'm just here to learn?

Most of all, why do I care and why does it bother me when he decides to ignore me? He hadn't even looked at me as soon as he knew for certain where I was going and that made me feel really weird.

Oh well, probably coming down with something.

Breakfast was a silent affair, nobody willing to break it as I found the coffee and poured a cup of black stuff into a mug and started drinking it without bothering to adjust the taste. The bitter liquid flowed down my throat and mildly scorched it, but I honestly didn't care.

"Do you guys have sushi?" I asked listlessly, not expecting an answer.

"Well, y-yeah it's in the fridge on the top shelf," Natsuo responded with a slightly pink face as he paused eating his cereal to look up at me in my leather gothic glory.

"Thanks," I responded, while taking the container out of the fridge and found the wasabi, pouring a lot of it on top of the rolled rice and seaweed pieces. 

I could tell that they were concerned with how much wasabi was on it, but I didn't bother explaining as I popped them into my mouth, one by one as Natsuo and Fuyumi watched in amazement as I didn't even flinch from the hot pea paste on it.

Once I was done I washed the dishes (to be nice since I was only staying overnight because Nemuri was busy with her own internships) and waited for Endeavor and Todoroki to get ready to leave for the train. Once they were Endeavor and I exchanged harsh glares before following Todoroki out the door.

"Bye Y/n-san!" Natsuo called as the door started to shut.

"Yeah, bye," I responded, still tired from the coffee not sinking in yet.

It was an angry silence as both Endeavor and I clearly hated each other and wanted this internship to be over while Todoroki didn't want to set either me or his father off so we didn't blow up in each others' faces and cause a really big scene involving a freshman highschool girl and the number two pro hero.

We passed a lot of bustling shops getting ready for the early morning customers, including some cafes and stores. Right before we boarded the train, I stopped to say something.

"Endeavor. You might have the right to abuse and mistreat your kids, seeing as you're legally their parent. Kick me again, and you won't live to see the light of tomorrow," I hissed at him, still angry that he thought that was okay even with his own kids.

He grunted in response and we all got on the train. He and Todoroki sat down, but the only available seat was the one next to Endeavor, so I just stood. I'd much rather crash into some stranger than have to deal with sitting next to that thing. 

Since I wasn't affected too badly by the rocking movement, I started pacing up and down the train, earning many glares and strange looks, before I caught sight of a familiar blonde maniac.