Take On The World

Warning: This chapter has some sexual content. Do not read if this is disturbing to you. Read at your discretion.

Ryleigh
I was nursing my third beer when Zack appeared suddenly beside me. "Can we talk?"he asked quietly in my ear. Shivers went involuntarily down my spine and not from the chill. He smiled. He knew exactly what he was doing. "What's there to say?"I asked, taking a sip of my beer. He sighed, frustrated. I noticed a new emotion behind his eyes. "I fucked up okay. I'm sorry. God, I'm sorry,"he said. I was just slightly tipsy.

Suddenly, I wanted nothing more but to feel his lips on mine. Maybe it was the liquid courage in my veins, maybe it wasn't. Before I could think, I reached up slowly and held his face. I pressed my lips to his and felt his pushing as passionately against mine. I bit lightly on his lip. He pulled back. "Ryleigh, we shouldn't. You've been drinking,"he said with a serious concern in those eyes I got lost in. Their beauty was too much, they pulled me in. I downed the rest of my beer and grabbed another, walking away. He watched me go. I sent my dress with Rian.

I was drunk. I knew it. I didn't know what I was doing and I didn't stop my actions. I sidled up to the gorgeous man at the bar. Most of the guests had left already. The ones remaining were probably drunk. "Hey, handsome,"I said, bumping them. "Ryleigh,"Zack sighed with a sad look in his eye. "I love you. I just had to fuck it up,"I said and turned away. He grabbed my arm and turned me around. He pressed his lips to mine. My hands found his hair and I deepened the kiss. "Let's get out of here,"he whispered. I nodded, breathless.

Somehow, we stumbled our way to the hotel across the street. We didn't stop kissing after we got in the elevator. We struggled slightly to open the door. Zack disappeared to the bathroom, probably to use a condom. He reappeared and I stood, starting to kiss him. He was only wearing boxers. I wrapped my legs around his waist. He carried me to the bed. He pulled my shirt over my head. I felt so bare and exposed. I laid back. "You're so beautiful,"he whispered.

He took time to kiss each scar as light as a butterfly. He made his way to my flat stomach, causing me to gasp and moan. His hands moved to my jeans where he undid the button and helped me slide them off. My bra came next. We were in deep, too passionate to slow down. I didn't stop him when he slid my underwear off.

********

I woke the next morning and I was disoriented as to why I was in a hotel room. I looked over and saw Zack in bed. Most things were black from last night. I had no recollection. I pulled the covers up and realized I was totally naked. I knew what had happened. It didn't quite register at the time. I carefully got out of the bed and dressed myself before darting out of the hotel room and taking a taxi back to Alex's house. He and Lisa were getting ready to leave for their honeymoon.

"Somebody is coming in awful early,"Jack yelled. "SHH!"I hushed him. I didn't want everyone knowing and my head was pounding. I hurriedly threw things into my suitcase. My ticket was for anytime in the next week. I decided I'm leaving today. "Hey, Alex, can I catch a ride to the airport?"I asked him. "Yeah, sure. Are you okay?"he asked as he was about to walk out the door. I nodded hurriedly. I helped toss my suitcase into their trunk. I said my goodbyes already. If Zack didn't remember then it was better this way. That's what I told myself anyways.

**********

Zack
I woke up alone in a hotel room. I didn't remember much from the night prior. From how I felt and the fact I was naked told me I probably got laid. But with who? I remember talking with Ryleigh then things go black. I got myself back to Alex's house. Jack and Rian were awake. "Where's Alex?"I asked, not wanting to ask for Ryleigh. "He left for their honeymoon. What's wrong?"Rian asked. Jack raised his eyebrows. "YOU GOT L---!"He started to shout before I ran and furiously covered his mouth. "Shh!"I hushed.

Jack looked at me confused. "Who?"Rian asked. "I dunno,"I said. "What do you mean you dunno?"Rian asked with a raised eyebrow. "I mean I don't know. I was too drunk. It all goes black after Ryleigh and I talked. I woke up alone,"I explained. Jack didn't say a word but he looked hard at thought. "Speaking of, did Ryleigh get here okay? She drank too much,"I asked. "She left with Alex,"Rian said, looking at his phone. I sighed and went upstairs to shower.

*********
One month later.....

Ryleigh
I woke up feeling nauseous again. I knew what was coming. It always followed. I had remembered more about that night. I remember making out with Zack. It's slowly returning. I'm sure he was responsible enough to use a condom. I wasn't sure why I kept getting sick but I didn't want to bother Mom or Dad. They had Maddie, after all. Mom came tiredly running in, holding back my hair. "You okay?"she asked when I was done. I nodded. "Yeah, just something I ate,"I said.

Emily, Melissa, and Sam were coming by. Mom and Dad were going to see Mom's parents. They avoided the topic of Adam with me. We were awkward friends but it was a touchy subject. "So, I keep getting sick and I don't know why,"I said. "What time?"Sam asked. "Like four or five in the morning,"I replied. "Didn't you and Zack have a thing? Could you possibly be pregnant?"Emily asked. "No. I'm pretty sure he had a condom if we went that far,"I replied. "One way to know,"Melissa said.

Fifteen minutes later, I was in the bathroom. Melissa ran to a gas station and bought three types of pregnancy tests. They were outside the door. I followed the instructions and now I sat impatiently on the bathtub, staring at the tests on my sink. I heard a ding and paused. This is it. I sucked in a breath. "Are you okay? What's the result?"Emily's voice rang out. I couldn't respond as with shaky legs and hands I looked at one test after another. I couldn't speak over the lump in my throat.

"Ryleigh, what are they?"Sam asked, impatient and blunt as always.

This would change everything.

I'm pregnant.