Hope For The Best

Ryleigh
"So, how has touring been?"Dad asked as he glanced at me then the road before switching the A/C to a different level. "It's been great. The guys are great. I've just been anxious and kind of down. I mean, mom is due in a few months and my brother is getting married. Jenna is having a baby,"I rambled. "I have a plan,"Dad said and I turned to look at him with wide eyes. "What is it?"I asked. "It's a surprise!"he said and turned the radio up.

He was singing along to a familiar sounding song. It took a minute to click. Wait, that's Missing You! That's my song. The song that Zack and Alex wrote for me. Without meaning to, my eyes drifted shut. This song was always a sense of calm and peace for me. They were on the radio.

********

"C'mon, Ryleigh! Ryleigh!"Dad said, shaking me awake. "Hmm?"I asked. "We're here!"he said. I checked to make sure my makeup wasn't smeared beneath my eyes then exited the car. Dad made me close my eyes as he guided me inside wherever we were. I heard barking and I was instantly confused. "Open your eyes!"Dad said excitedly. I looked around. A woman sat at a desk in front of us. She looked up and smiled.

"Mr. Urie, such a pleasure to meet you. Is this your daughter?"the woman asked. "Yes, ma'am!"Dad answered. I looked at him bewildered. "Well, c'mon back!"she motioned us to follow her into a back room. Sitting in front of me was several puppies, at least six months old. 

"Dad, what is this?"I asked. "I figured you're responsible now. Eventually, you'll be on your own. When I saw what was going on yesterday, I remembered a conversation with Josh and started research,"he explained. I raised an eyebrow. "I found this place. They're emotional support animals. They're trained and most places allow them inside with you. I figured it'll help,"Dad said. My eyes teared up as I ran and hugged him. 

I turned back around. A yellow lab caught my eye. "I see you've seen Bailey,"the woman said. I nodded. "Do you want to hold her?"she asked. I nodded and sat crossed legged in the middle of the floor. She sat her outside of the gate and she wanderered over to me. She sniffed me then licked my fingers.

I rubbed her head. She curled up in my lap. "What do you think?"the woman asked. "She's the one,"I said with tears in my eyes again. I stood with the puppy in my arms. "We just have to sign some papers and get you your forms!"the woman said happily. "She's about 9 months old but she's very well trained,"the woman said and continued to ramble to dad. I zoned out then, looking at the somewhat small puppy in my arms.

Dad grabbed what he needed and we went to the car. She had one of those special vests to wear if we went out, marking her as my emotional support animal. She slept on my lap the whole way to the venue. "Thank you, Dad! Really this means the world to me!"I said. "I'd do anything for you, you know that,"Dad answered.

I walked onto the bus, holding the squirming puppy in my arms. "Oh my goodness!"Oli said and took her from my arms. She licked his face. "What's her name?"Oli asked, trying to hold back the happy puppy kisses. "Bailey,"I answered, taking her from his arms as dad sat a box of her things down.

My phone buzzed and I sat Bailey on the floor while I checked it.

Adam: Hey, are you okay? I stopped by your house, your mom said you were touring with Bring Me The Horizon? Why didn't you tell me?

My eyes welled with tears. I'd completely forgotten. Telling him was unbearable and the last thing on my mind. We had barely talked since that night he was so aggressive around Zack and I.

Ryleigh: Yeah, I'm fine. That's true...I forgot.

Adam: How do you just forget your boyfriend? Are we okay? I mean, I haven't really heard from you in weeks.

Ryleigh: Actually, Adam, we need to talk.

Adam: Really? We need to talk or you need to talk? It's always the Ryleigh show. When are we going to have an actual conversation?

"Ryleigh, honey, are you okay?"Dad asked. I nodded and sniffed as a tear made its way down my cheek. He hugged me. My phone buzzed again. His words hurt. It was now or never.

Adam: Are you cheating on me? Is that what this is? Or are you too famous for your friends and boyfriend now?

Ryleigh: What the hell has gotten into you? I can't do this anymore. We're through.

Adam: Are you breaking up with me?

Ryleigh: I am. We're over. I wish you the best and hope we stay friends. I'm sorry, Adam.

I turned my phone off and turned to run when Oli wrapped his arms tightly around me as I sobbed into his shirt. Dad came up and switched places with Oli. "Shh! Shh! It's okay,"he soothed as he stroked my hair. We sat on the couch. Bailey made her way up and onto my lap.

"You wanna tell me what happened?"Dad asked. "I broke up with Adam,"I said, my voice hoarse and thick from crying. "Oh no, I'm sorry, hon,"Dad said rubbing his hand on my arm. I shrugged. "It was coming. We haven't had an actual conversation in weeks. This just made it real,"I sniffed.

"I come bearing ice cream!"Oli said handing me a pint of Chocolate Chunk. "Thanks, Oli!"I said and opened it. "What exactly happened?"Dad asked. "He got kind of aggressive at the party when Zack kissed me and I ran off with Alex,"I said. "WAIT, ZACK KISSED YOU?!? EX-BOYFRIEND ZACK?"Dad yelled. "Yeah. Don't ask, it was weird. I don't want to talk about it,"I said. With that, Dad put his arm around me while I ate my ice cream and occasionally rubbed Bailey's head and back.

A/N: Hey y'all! Sorry if this one wasn't what you were expecting. I mean it had to happen. I was planning for it to happen so soon. What did you think of this chapter? What about your preference? Are you for Rydam or Zaleigh? Let me know in the comments. Much love!

B