Chapter 9

People say love hurts, that it's  the sharpest thorn in flesh but if you have to endure that to the right person, time will come  for you to enjoy your endeavour.

Karen stayed with Ivanov crying her heart out and just like when she was young his comfort felt the same, his care and love was beyond any other male figure besides her daddy.
He looked at her teary face with a sad smile 'Are you still crying my girl?'.
Karen shook her head with a smile and busted into tears again.
'I'm sorry, I'm...please I'm just-'.
He wipped off her tears and kissed her forehead 'Let it out my girl, all of it'.
She laughed and cried both then looked at him tears in her eyes.
'Please don't tell my dad'.
He smiled 'Little fucker will kill me'.
Karen nodded, he will kill Ian  first.
'But I told him before', he looked at her 'I told him you two will fall in love one day'.
If only you knew.

She shook her head 'He doesn't love me dad'.
He smiled 'Maybe, maybe not baby girl'.
She took a deep breath 'I lo..ove him dad, so much I', she sobbed again.
He hugged her and held her teary face.
'My son is an idiot Karen, I know but don't leave him, please'.
Karen shook her head, if he knew eat his son does to her.
'I'll  talk to him okay, I will but you'll  have to promise me something...'.
'Ella!'.
They turned and looked at the door, Ivan mussed her hair like how he used to do it 'I heard you had red hair'.
She looked at Kosta who raised his hands defensively.
'I didn't  do anything!!'.
She smiled 'I'll go green next  time'.
Ivanov laughed and left the two to chat.

He didn't ask anything  and she was glad, they talked for a while until Ian came and took her from him to where the dinner was served.
Ivanov was sitting next to his wife who was sitting next to Kosta of course.
Ian was on phone somewhere in the garden and Karen  was sitting alone next to no one but facing Lisa.
'What's  taking him so long?', Lisa asked.
Karen smiled 'I'll go fetch him'.
'No, stay, he will come', Ivan said.
Karen wished for this to finally end, it felt awkward but Kosta saved the day and chatted with her.

They started eating and Ian came looking odd as if something  wasn't  right, he missed her head and sat next to her then took her hand under the table and held it tight.
She looked at him and blinked, he shrugged like he normally does.
'Welcome dinner Ian', his mother said.
He looked at Karen and served himself, his hand on hers under the table, he was trembling, Karen  felt it but why?.
'How is work?'.
'Fine dad', he said taking a sip of his wine.
'We're very happy to finally welcome you in the family Karen, my son was so selfish not to bring you sooner'.
'Moom, leave  him alone!!'.
Karen smiled and looked at Ian who was starring at his meal like an alien.
'Thank you ma'am'.
Ian removed his hand from hers and wrapped it around her waist and pressed it she took a deep breath why is he trying to distract her?.
She waited for the other members to be in deep talks and pressed his thigh under the table with a whisper.
'Ian..'.
He didn't even look at her but she saw a small smile on his lips, his hand went lower to where her thong was and she cleared her throat to suppress a moan.
Damn him!.

They talked about business and Ian was replying every now and then but didn't  talk much, his mother was a darling she really brightens the big house.
'What did you major in Karen?'.
Karen smiled 'I...indoor decor and modelling'.
The woman smiled 'Very good, she got us an artist Nov'.
Ivanov smiled 'Congratulations baby girl, I'm  sure he needs convincing in getting you back to work'.
Karen smiled and looked at Ian who said nothing and took a sip of his wine.
They went on chatting till she could no longer take it, he was teasing her so bad, she took the wine glass to her lips and got checked when his finger reached there!!.
'Oh my God, are you okay??!', Lisa exclaimed.
Karen coughed hard and nodded then coughed again, some drops of the red wine were all over her dress.
'I'll  take care of her',he stood up and held her hand back to his old room amd locked the door.
She coughed  and looked at him, he was smiling, damn  him he'd  done that on purpose to torture her!!.
She took the pillow ams threw it at him, he caught it and chuckled.
'Finally!!, I've you all to myself!'.
Is he crazy.