Chapter 41

It's been three years since that dinner with Ignazio in the Moretti house and you'd think things got better but no.
It's a graduation ceremony of Ignazio, he's finally graduated, Karen was so proud of him, she was in a royal blue lacy dress with nude heels, her hair tied in a messy bun.
"He did it!!", Benito yelled when his name was finally called and people applauded, Karen smiled at him when he winked at her, she was more than happy for him.

She was one happy woman, she'd moved to her own house two years ago, after a fight between her parents, the Italian devil didn't want her little demon to leave but her mother had other ideas.
She stood up when Naz came smiling at her and kissed him shortly then hugged him so tight.
"I'm so proud of you!".
He smiled, "Grazie, let's get out of here".
She laughed and whispered, "Your father wants a party".
He rolled his eyes and she laughed, she left him to hug his family and turned when her body guard called her.
Yes, she still has bodyguards.
"Where to miss?".
"Ignazio's house, then I'll inform you".
"Yes miss".

She put on her shades, in the last three years, she'd becom famous, her Royal Decor had become so famous and successful without forgetting her modelling talent.
She's gone to many runways than she could remember, gone to countries she never dreamed of, she even went to South Africa and visited her mother's old friend, went to Serengeti in Tanzania too, even Brazil and Australia and so many more places.

Life is how you make it, they say and you choose your own happiness, she smiled at her happiness and joy, Naz, the man she loves more than her next breath, he's been amazing and wonderful.
They fight, they laugh, they joke and mess around but that's the beauty of love, of dating your best friend since forever.
He's managed to build his own house and left his apartment, she was honored enough to decorate the interior and furnitures of his new house.

"Amore?", he asked when they finally got into his car.
She raised her head and looked at him,
"Naz".
"I'm waiting for my present".
She smiled, "Patience big guy".
He shook his head and she laughed, he's to be surprised of his present, that's for sure.

They reached to his house where the party was being thrown, it wasn't much, some high school friends and his work mates, plus his family members including his cousin Ingrid whom Karen had come to adore with all her heart.
"When are you marrying him?".
Karen laughed, "Isn't it too soon?".
"Isn't it too late?, come on Karen, I'm tired of waiting for the day when I'm finally going to be your maid of honor!".
"Well, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it's not in our bucket list".
"At least tell me you're pregnant then!".
Karen almost choked on her wine, Ingrid looked at her and laughed her ass out.
The subject had never crossed her mind before, like carrying his baby?, she swallowed hard when memories she fights to forget clouded her mind, is she ready to be a mother again?, she wondered if the thought has ever crossed his mind, they've never talked about it, not even once and she's been so careful with the contraceptives, no room for mistakes but....
"Hey, chill, that was a joke!".
Karen coughed, "Not funny", she handed her the glass of wine and went upstairs to clean up her ruined dress.

She opened the faucet and tried to clean up her dress but failed, it was too much, she sighed and changed into a baby pink loose long dress backless and put on white sandals, it's a garden party after all.
She retouched her make up and went back to the garden and mingled with some of her ex high school mates, it was so good to finally meet them again after so many years.
She took a glass of cocktail this time and took sips of it while chatting with some friends till his large and warm hand covered her bare back distracting her as usual.
"What's wrong with you?", she whisper yelled at him.
He smirked, "Nothing, I just missed you", he kissed her bare shoulder and looked at her
"What happened to the green dress?".
"It was blue, royal blue", she said with an eye roll, why are men so bad when it comes to colours?.
"Same thing, at least I didn't say red".
She shook her head, "Ingrid happened".
He frowned, "What did she do this time?".
Karen smiled, "Ask her".
He kissed her cheek and went to his crazy cousin, she smiled when she saw them arguing, it has never changed.