Chapter 23

She turned with trembling legs and looked at his father, he was in all black as usual and if she wasn't his daughter she'd have ran away by the look he was giving her.
'I...I went to visit Mr Enrico'.
He looked at her eyes, eyes which he's  told her million times that they bring answers, she looked down in shame.
'He  left Venice long ago'.
She nodded, 'I...had no idea'.
He narrowed his eyes at her as if saying I don't believe you.
'I swear papa'.
He went to her and stroked her hair gently then hugged her tightly.
'I don't want you to get into trouble again'.
She nodded in relief and looked at him with a sad smile, 'I know dad'.
'You're getting a divorce, I've already talked to my lawyer'.
She took a deep breath and nodded, it is for the best, she said to herself, it is for the best.

In the  evening she sat outside with her siblings who were swimming, she thought about what her dad had told her, a divorce, she wasn't sure if she is ready for it.
She put away her shawl and dived in the pool, she needed to cool off her body and mind off, she needed this, for whatever reasons she married Ian, those reasons have lost  their meaning right now, she has to divorce him and that means she has to see him again.

On the next day, she went for a run around the house and came back at around 8am, she went to the kitchen for a bottle of water and opened the fridge then took one but paused when her phone rang.
She smiled and picked up,
'Mr lawyer!'.
'Hey Karen, I've found a lawyer for you, it will be good if you meet him today and make deals'.
'I thought you're  that lawyer'.
'No amore  I love to but no, i won't act professional infront of you'.
She chuckled and shook her head wondering when he'll  stop calling her that name, she promised to be there in minutes and hanged up.

An hour later, she was in a black pencil skirt with a light pink off shoulder blouse tucked in with matching heels.
She got out of the car and went inside his building, she smiled through the shades she had put on, the place was beyond beautiful.
From the wallpapers to the choice of furniture, she looked around and smiled in approval, the man has got style.
She went to the reception and smiled at the lady who surprisingly didn't smile back.
'I'm here to see Ignazio'.
'The boss is busy'.
She frowned, she'd  talked to him just about an hour ago and he'd  been so elated to see her.
'May you check it again?'.
She rolled her eyes at her and Karen  got mad, what is she notching about?.
'Look here miss-'.
'Karen!, twll your boss that Karen Moretti is here waiting for him!'.
She was so mad, who is she anyway?.
'Are you his flavour of the day?'.
Karen's  temper flew, what is this loser talking about?.
'What did you say?'.
'Whatever follow me', she stood up after checking her computer and led the way.
Karen looked at her bodyguards and asked them to wait for her there.
She followed the bitch to the elevator and sighed when she realised that she has to take the same elevator as her.
The ride was a silent one with the bitch stealing disgusted looks at her and she took a deep breath and patted her back  mentally, she isn't worth it.

The elevator finally binged and before the bitch got out, Karen pressed the elevator's button and stopped it.
'What the?'.
Karen grabbed her neck and pulled her to the corner and looked at her,
'I might look nice but I'm not, I'm not here to fuck your boss', she looked at her nametag and smiled evily  at her.
'Another word and you'll  never see this office again, Anja'.
She let her go and pressed the elevator's button and got out with a smile plastered on her face.
So much for being her father's female signature.
She went to where the door was written his name and knocked then entered.
He was reading something and stopped then looked at her with a smile.
'Karen ho-'.
'How many girls have you fucked in this office Ignazio?'.
His smile died and he stood up and went to her, 'Is this a joke?'.
'Does it look like one?', she sighed and adjusted the handbag on her shoulder, she looked back and saw the secretary or whatever role  She plays.
'Here she is sir'.
'Leave us', he ordered and the bitch turned to leave, he stopped her and added, 'I pay you to work for me, not to stalk my life'.
'I'm  sorry sir, it will never happen again'.
He dismissed her and turned to Karen, he missed his hair and looked at her.
'Do you want to sit?'.
She shook her head, 'Where is the lawyer?'.
'Karen please, I'm sorry she shouldn't have insulted you'.
'It's okay', she sighed it is non of her business anyway, why do she react that way?.
Because the scene reminded her of Ian, she suddenly felt dizzy and was to fall if it wasn't for his strong hands.
'Hey...are you okay?'.
She nodded and looked at him,
'I'm  sorry Naz, I shouldn't have-'.
'Shh...it's  okay, I wanted to tell you all about  it anyway'.
She looked at him and frowned, why would he want to tell her?.
'Why?'.
'I need to tell someone Karen, anyone, I'm not the good boy you used to know anymore'.
She shook her head, 'I don't think it's  necessary, can we just see the lawyer?'.