Chapter 39

'When you laugh when you cry, we're together,  through the rain and the stormiest weather, we gonna  still be as one  it's forever'.
Karen smiled and kissed Naz's cheek in his car outside her father's house, it has been a weekend of bliss and nothing but happiness, she looked at their entangled hands and smiled.
'I never knew you're romantic'.
'Now you do', he smiled and pulled back a strand of her stubborn curly hair and tucked it behind her ear then looked deep in her hazel eyes.
'I love you Karen, more than you'll ever know, I'm ready to take all risks for you, anything you want'.
She smiled, 'I love you too Naz, more than I'll ever know'.
He kissed her forehead and hugged her tight, he then went out and opened the door for her and kissed her forehead again and left waving at her.

She looked at the house and guards and smiled, she is now free and independent again, she is the new Karen.
She went inside and was surprised with her sister's big hug while her mom stood near the stair case with tears in her eyes.
'Mom', she smiled and hugged her, Kate smiled back and hugged her baby girl tight.
'I'm so proud of you baby'.
'And dad?.
Kate chuckled,  'He will, not now but someday in the future'.
Karen nodded, knowing so wellthat she has forever to try to do that.

Few days later love was in the air leaving its lovely fragrance everywhere, Karen had few sleepovers in the lawyer's house and they were more than happy.
She followed him to his office for lunch and found him so busy that her heart nearly broke into pieces.
'Naz?'.
'I'm sorry amore, I'm so busy I can't go with you for lunch'.
Karen smiled and rolled her eyes,
'It's okay Naz, you're busy I can see it'.
He sighed and stood up from his pile of paperwork and went to her, held her shoulders and gave her a sad smile, 'I'm sorry, I know I promised-'.
'Shh, there's always a next time for everything'.
He kissed her hair and whispered,
'I know but I still want to make it up to you, what about a movie night tonight?'.
She shook her head knowing that he will be tiredas fuck and they won't even be able to talk much less watch a movie, 'It's fine, really Naz, you're acting like I'm a little girl'.
'But you are to me', he smiled.
'Fine!', she raised her hands in a mock surrender.
'Never argue with a lawyer'.
'I know where to get you', she smirked and kissed his cheek then pinched it,
'Don't miss me'.
He nodded and saluted her, she turned to leave but screamed when he slapped her ass.
'You look edible by the way'.
'Fuck you!'.
'I'll do that later amore, bye I'll deal with you later'.
She just shook her head and left for her lunch, she got company from one of his employees and hers and it was a bliss.

She finished her work early at 6pm and went back home to prepare for the movie date, he'd  called her about an hour earlier that evening and told her to be ready.
She went back home and showered and decided to go casual with jeans and s chiffon blouse plus wedges, she went outside and her driver drove her to the cinema.
She stayed outside waiting for him with no signs of him showing up, she finally went inside and sat as the movie started.
'Is there someone coming here?'.
'Yes, my boyfriend is coming'.
The other guy just rolled his eyes, Karen frowned he can go fuck himself for all she cares.

Thirty minutes later she was so tired of waiting, she texted him so many times and decided to call him and all the calls were directed to voicemail.
Okay?.
Ladies you can feel it right?.
That feeling of being left in spot light?.
She tried to concentrate on the movie and was startled by the sound of her phone ringing, she jumped and went outside to pick up.
'Naz?, where are you?'.
'At home'.
Take a deep breath Karen, it's nothing, he's just around the corner trying to fuck with your mind.
'Okay'.
She was more than sad, she took a deep breath and looked at her driver and signaled for him to start the car, she kept on following the car as he blabbed on how sorry he was, she wanted to hear none of that, she reached to the car and entered and ordered the driver to take her back to home.
'Amore, I'm really sorry, let me make it up to you, please tell the driver to turn over and come to my house, wecan have a movie night together, anything you want'.
'No, it's totally okay, I'll just go and rest besides I-'.
'Please?'.
She sighed, and told the driver to go to his house and switched off her phone after.