Chapter 53

He looked broken.
Finished.
Lost.
Betrayed.
And above all, cheated and stupid.
"I... brought you lilies".
Karen looked at the lilies in his hands and cursed herself and her stupidity.
She was to follow him but Ian pushed her back with such great force that can send a rocket to the moon and back.
"Ian...", she pleaded.
"She's my fiancee".
"She's my ex-wife, she knew me before you, just get lost".
"She will never get back to you".
Ian smiled, "True, because she never left, she's always been mine even when she was with you, she couldn't stop thinking about me".
"You're just playing her....you don't deserve her".
Ian looked at him like he's a bug and he's this giant animal in the jungle, "Leave Ignazio".
Naz looked at him then Karen behind him, he shook his head and left, broken and sad and finished.

Ian banged the door and cursed, he looked at his Karen and saw all her pain and regret.
"Don't you dare say all this is a mistake".
"And what is it then?, tell me Ian!".
"This is us, this is love and I'm not letting it go, not for him or anyone in this world, we belong together either I die trying or we die together I don't fucking care as long as you will forever be where I am!".
His chest was going up and down in anger, his whole body was shaking, she took a step back in fear.
"Karina no...".
She shook her head, "I....so many people are hurting, we have to stop".
"And what about me?!!!!, what about me Karina?, so you'd rather hurt me than people who won't give shit about our life?".
"Ian...we can't live like this.....", she turned away and he yanked her by her elbow harshly so much she whimpered.
"Don't you dare turn your back on me!".
"Ian....stop this!".
"You'll listen to me Karina, I'm so fucking madly in love with you, I fucking love you woman!, with every single beat of my heart and every drop of my blood I love you!, and I'm going nowhere, I gave up on you once and that was the last time I'll ever give up on you, I've loved only two women in my life, the one I never met and the one in front of me!".
"I....I...", speechless, hopeless and just lost she looked at him, his body oozed the love he's just confessed, it engulfed her whole body and heart, he loves her, Jesus he's in love with her.
"Say something damn it!!".
She just starred at him, her gorgeous dream man, the one made for her alone, her heartbeat controller, the reason why she wants to live to a thousand years.
"You were born for me, you became my wife when you and I never knew what it meant and has always been my wife and forever will be, I don't care if others can't see that because their opinions don't mean shit to me and it shouldn't to you either, my heart is yours, as it's always been, I can't force you to love me because I know you do without me using force, you're my happy ever after Karina don't you ever forget that", he kissed her forehead and went to her bedroom, he came back full dressed up and found her sitting at the couch with her knees pulled to her chest.
Her heart raced, he's leaving, Jesus!.
"You're why I want no other woman", he put on his cold mask of heartlessness and opened the door meeting Koslov, together they left her apartment.

And it's when her tears refused to dry up.

She woke up when it was so dark outside,she'd slept for more than ten hours, she stretched and looked at the clock, just few minutes after 7pm Ian should be back by now.
She went to her room and called him, "Ian?".
She turned on the light and found no one, she went to the bathroom and didn't find him, he's gone?, Gone like gone?.
She went outside where his men were yesterday and didn't find them, she sat at the doorstep as the chilly air hit her harshly, Ian is gone, Naz is gone, her family is gone.
She hugged herself and pulled her knees to her chest, so she has no one, why did love have to hurt so much?, Is this her fate?, Why does it have to be so difficult?, Her love life was a pure mess.
She took her phone and called him, it rang without an answer.
She hanged up and hid her face in her arms, she knew she had to make a decision, fast or people will make a decision for her.
If she chooses Naz, she will make him happy, so happy that she was sure his cheeks will hurt from smiling.
But she won't be happy, because her family will disown her and she won't be happy, she loves Naz but after meeting Ian again, she's questioning that kinda love, is it romantic or just friendly?.
If she chooses Ian, she will choose her happiness, he will be happy and so will she, she even smiled at the thought by her family will kill him, her father had sworn to kill him if he ever sees him again, she tucked back her hair.