Chapter 27

I'M  SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT, I'VE SUFFERING  FROM A WRITER'S  BLOCK WHICH HAS GOT ME CLUELESS AND HOPELESS, I'VE  BEEN READING  SOME BOOKS TO BOOST MY IMAGINATION  INSTEAD, HERE'S A FRESH CHAPTER FOR YOU,  I'LL  MAKE IT UP TO YOU..😙😙

The ride back home was a quiet one, he didn't speak to her and she thanked God for that, he was busy braking out orders to God knows who.
She hugged herself at the back seat with him beside her amd prayed for the nightmare to finally end, she looked at him when the car changed direction and headed to the hospital.
They reached there and suddenly the cardigan she'd  out on felt lighter, what were they going to do in a hospital?.
She followed him inside the hospital and took a deep breath when she saw heavily pregnant women, she's  going  to be one of them soon, she pulled the stupid cardigan and followed her dad.
Even before he introduced himself, people feared him, she stopped behind him as he went to the reception.
'Moretti!'.
The nurse trembled and gave him directions, she smiled sadly at her and followed him to the elevator.
The elevator went up and she gasped  out loudly when she saw a surgery room, tears clouded her eyes, it can't be....

He passed the room and went to the room beside it at the corner, she looked at him with tears in her eyes.
He wants to get rid of her baby, she took a step back and shook her head as tears streamed her cheeks.
He turned and looked at her when he saw that she wasn't following.
'Come here Karen'.
She shook her head and  took a step back, he can't do this to her, no way she'd  rather die first before terminatng the pregnancy.
'No daddy, I can't'.
He swore in Italian and went to her, his hands held her teary face and looked deep in her hazel eyes, a replica of his.
'I'd  never do that to you Karen, I might be angry but I'm far from the monster you have in your head'.
She swallowed hard and looked away, she couldn't face him, she opened her mouth to speak but no words come out, she sobbed when he pulled her in his chest amd hugged her.
'Come, the doctor is waiting for you'.
'F...or...wh...aat?'.
'You'll  see', he held her hand and pulled her inside.
She entered and frowned when she saw her mother sitting talking to the doctor, she looked at her father who said nothing.
'Oh she's  already here, come amd sit baby'.

She went to where her mother was and sat beside her, the doctor was smiling at her as if he's  just witnessed the great migration of the wildebeest in Serengeti.
'Mom?'.
'Thank you for bringing her back home', she said giving her a murderous glare.
He just sighed amd went out, she turned to the doctor who asked her questions about her pregnancy amd requested for an ultrasound.
She laid on the bed and pulled her top up with her mother beside her, the cold gel was spread on her lower tummy and she looked at the screen.
'That's your baby, there', he told her pointing at the screen.
She took a deep breath and swallowed hard as tears pulled down her cheeks, her baby.
Hers alone.
'Uh...how, how old is the baby?'.
'Approximately twelve weeks', he told her with a smile, she nodded.
'Is it a girl?'.
They all turned and looked at the owner of the voice.
'I thought I told you to stay outside!', her mother whisper yelled.
He looked at her and shrugged then turned  back to the doctor.
'I asked you a question'.
'Umm, it is too early to know that sir, maybe in a month to come'.
'Hmm'.
She looked at her father who didn't  look at her and took a deep breath.
'The baby is fine, I'll give you some pills to reduce the nausea and dizziness,  other than that everything  is good'.
'Are you sure?'.
Her mother pinched his arm and whispered, 'Gabee'.
'What?, I'm not taking any chances Katerina'.
'The baby is okay Mr Moretti, there's no need to worry'.
He sighed and stroked Karen's  hair gently then went away, Karen pulled down her top and her mother helped her to stand and go back to the doctor.

Minutes later, they were in a car going back home, everything seemed like a dream, her father coming for her, her mother holding her hand during the ultrasound, she couldn't believe her eyes.
They reached home and she got out last after her mother and  father, she looked around and took a deep breath, it seemed like she had not been here in years.
'Everything will be okay Karen, I'm here for you, I won't let you down'.
She nodded and went inside, as soon as she entered she was engulfed in a big hug from Kenneth.
'I'll  have to double security next time'.
She smiled in tears on his chest and hugged him tighter, he was like an older brother to her, and forever will be.
'I won't run, again'.
He pulled out and looked at her teary face, 'Is that a promise?'.
'Si'.
He nodded and let her hug her other siblings, she then went for lunch and took a nap.