Chapter 48

So, double updates, yaay!!🤗🤗

It's been a week now Karen sat in the hotel room crying her heart out, she felt so stupid, why did she even come here?, it was a mistake, she'd been chased away by Ian like an intruder, she should just go back home, home to Naz?, since that outburst he hasn't bothered to call her and so has she.
She wiped off her tears and started packing, she was tired, tired of everything, she called and booked a plane to France, she didn't have the strength to go back home and face Naz or her family, maybe she should just disappear for a while.
She started packing her clothes, she remembered her coats in the sitting room, she went there and took it but paused when she heard her door bell, she hasn't ordered anything and it was 11am Russian time.
She put her coat and went to open the door, standing before her was Ian Vasiliev, looking handsome in his dark blue suit with pale blue shirt, she looked at him, "What are you doing here?".
He entered pushing her away, "Nice room".
She closed the door and folded her arms making her breasts popping upward in the light night dress she was still wearing, it reached midthigh only and was very light, he looked around the room and then at her, she suddenly pulled her nightie tight to her chest, she cursed her broad hips for pulling it upwards.
"I asked you a question Ian!".
He pulled something from his pockets and handed her, the hospital papers, of course.
"Thought I should return them".
She looked at them, "Okay, go now I don't want people to get ideas".
He raised his eyebrow, "That I'm getting involved with an engaged woman?".
She sighed and he chuckled, "For an engaged woman, you don't look so happy", he looked at her finger which was bare, "To even wear his ring".
She was getting mad, "That's really none of your business Ian Vasiliev!".
"You don't have to shout you know" he said and went closer to her with his hands in his pockets, she took a step back and followed his eyes, they were on her chest, she took another step back, he looked at her then went and sat on the couch behind her.
"I really think it's best if you leave".
"I'll leave when I want to, not when you want me to".
"I'll call security I have to!".
He chuckled, "I know their boss Karen, don't waste your breath and energy".
So he owns it huh.
"No, though the offer was tempting".
She didn't realize she'd said that loud, did she?.
He smiled, "Yes you did, some things never change do they?".
"I don't know what you're talking about".
He scrubbed his perfect jaw which had a five o'clock shadow, "You do, so, you in Russia alone?".
"What exactly do you want?".
He patted the seat next to him, she shook her head, "Fine, I'm here to talk, you wanted that too I believe, a week ago?".
"Not anymore".
"Ah, sure", he stood up and towered over her dwarf height against his, "Why are you in Russia Karen?".

She swallowed hard, "To...ask for forgiveness".
"Interesting, does your fiance know that you're here?".
"Does your wife know that you are here?".
His eyes darkened, "She doesn't".
She nodded, "I don't want problems with her".
"You'll never have".
"Is it a boy again?".
He looked confused, "Excuse me?".
"Your pregnant wife, is she carrying a boy?".
He shrugged, "I don't know".
She looked at him, he doesn't know?, what kind of a husband is he?.
"Why?".
"Simple, I don't want to know".
"But that baby is yours!".
He smiled, "How sure are you?".
What's he talking about?, she wanted to argue until her door was knocked, who is it this time?, she was to go and open the door but he stopped her and went to open, he came back with two bottles of tequila, "Just in time".
"I don't drink".
"Since when?".
"Since....long ago".
He chuckled, "You've always been a bad liar, except when you lied about the pregnancy of course I give you credit".
She looked at the bottles, this is a very bad bad idea, drinking with him, no, she shook her head when he came and stood in front of her, his eyes against hers, "Are you scared of what might happen?".
She shook her head, "Why should I be?".
"Exactly, why?".
She decided to put on her brave face, "I'm in".
He nodded, "Good".
She went and put on some jeans and a crop top then went back, she found him without the suit jacket with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, she sat on the floor next to him and looked at him.
"I want us to play a game, I'll flip a coin if it's a head then I ask a question if you don't want to answer you take a shot of tequila".
This is bad, so bad, she looked at the bottom tequila, "And if it's a tail?".
"Then you return it to me and I ask my question".
"Fair enough".