Chapter 15

Karen was so sad, she wasn't sure if this silent treatment was a good way to get him to his senses but if it will work then so be it.
She missed him too, so much, missed his smiles not these forced ones, she missed his kisses in the morning and at night before she slept, she missed his hugs and cuddles at night, she missed him.
Their marriage had gone from bad to worse, they now slept in different sheets, ever since that day she thought he was going to hit her and closed her eyes, he's  been keeping his hands all to himself but not his eyes, he's  been starring a lot and that got her uncomfortable, very uncomfortable, better the voice he could ignore it but not his eyes, they saw all that she wanted so much to hide, all her emotions were on her face, her dad had once  told her that if he needed any answers from her, he'd  look at her in the eyes and know that she's  hurting, yes  he'd  studied psychology and before you think that's  cool, it's  not.
She was able to lie to everyone except him, that devil as her mom calls him, a smile formed on her lips but it didn't last long, it disappeared when reality hit her.

She was in the bathroom now showering when the door was suddenly knocked, she grabbed a towel and opened, Ian  was there leaning on the door.
'Hi'.
She looked at him and said nothing, he looked serious  and this is their life, he'd  always wake up in the morning and greet her even though she never responded.
'The doctor's here to give you some vitamins for the baby, I'll  be with you don't  worry it's  just pills-'
'No, I can do it on my own'.
'Baby, I want to be th-'.
'I'm okay in my own, I'm sure you have other important things to do'.
'Karina....my chil is important, you are important I can't just-'.
'Please go, please'.
He sighed and left so disappointed, she blamed him for making her do that to him, he did that to them and not her!.
But he's trying Karen, he asked you not to give up on him.
She shook her head, this show will end soon, and he'll  be back to normal.
She put on some clothes and went to see the old doctor who'd  come for her vitamins, she gave him a shaky smile.

Thirty minutes later, she was done, she sat on the bed and starred at the wall, everything felt wrong, everything, but it's for the best, for her peace of mind for protecting her love for Ian. If it means staying with  him, she'll  do that for him and for her amd for this innocent baby.
'How did it go?'.
'Okay'.
He nodded, 'I thought I'd...take you out, for dinner maybe?'.
'I don't want hotel cooked meals'.
He smiled, 'That little one giving you trouble huh?'.
She shook her head and looked at him, at the man she married, this a the Ian she married, the man she fell in love with, the man she's decided to stay for, the man she's proud of.
'I just...don't want to go out'.
'Okay, I'm  going to work now'.
'Go'.
And he left.

She went to the kitchen to prepare lunch, these days she preferred to be alone in the house most of the times, she didn't want the maids to witness their miserable failed marriage.
She went and stood at the kitchen bar and thought of what to cook, she finally made up her mind, she decided to go for rice, chicken and some sauce, maybe with something green and fruits to compliment the meal.
She started cooking and an hour later, she was done, she served the food in her plate and sat ready to eat.
She was just her first spoon when Koslov entered.
'Good afternoon ma'am'.
'Hello Koslov', she tried to smile at the heavy and bulky man who used to scare her to hell before she married Ian.
'Are you here for your lunch?'.
He nodded, she stood up, but he dismissed her.
'It's  okay ma'am I got this'.
'It's  in the hotpots Koslov, I thought  I'd  make enough for you guys'.
Including Xavier of course.
He smiled shortly, took one of them and left, a minute later some of his men entered including Xavier and carried the remaining pots.
'Ma'am', he nodded at her.
'I'm fine, don't worry'.
He nodded, 'Call me when you can't  take it anymore, sir sends his greetings'.
She tried to smile and he left.